Question for Christians

by Ticker 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Faith
    Faith

hehe T.S I am probably old enough to be your mama.

<-----face of JW mother behind the scenes trying to get kids dressed for kingdom Hall

Jeanie I have since repented for that terrible behavior...so sorry. I have tried to make it up to her by being a really great daughter.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

(((((((( FAITH )))))))))

Reconise me?

I admire your comments and I loved your personal experiance with Christ that was amazing!!!!!

talk to God all the time , as a matter of fact, just yesterday I was talking to God and you know what he told me?

"Get a life !"

Just kidding, he told me that if I didn't stop whinning he'd throw a lighting bolt my way.

I said " God I sorry I wont do that again, really."

I believe in everything and I don't believe in anything , what am I ? ( besides being confused)

G'day

When it comes to communication with god you goto test your thoughts that come to mind. Are these thoughts kind? loving? pure?

Do these thoughts fit the description of the god we know in the bible?

Listening to god takes time and practice. So those words "stop whinning or i'll throw a lighting bolt at ya" is not god. God will not do or say anything like that! he loves you even if you don't love him.

Ok I just have a few questions Ive always wanted to ask. This is open to non christians as well.

Can christians actually somehow communicate with the Lord like Ive heard and read so many times. The watchtower GB claims to communicate with God, the Pope, Christian liberalist, and the list goes on.

Anyway all I want to know is can Christians communicate with God in anyway, and please dont answer "oh yes through prayer" because thats a one sided conversation. If that was the case I could say I communicate with my walls. I want hard actual experiences that you so often hear about how ones hear communication from God or that they feel his power in their souls. If communication is possible with God directly today as many claim, how does this happen? Are these people legit or have they brainwashed themselves into believing they communicate with God?

I often used to think that when I prayed God listened, but now im not so sure. Is prayer to God a possible mind game with yourself? I mean do we as wanting believers create in our minds the idea that God exists and listens? Or are we merely fooling ourselves as we pray on deaf ears? Does God really listen? If so why must their be so much suffering and death before he does something about it?

Im really having a hard time these last few months, and I feel im falling into the trap that ive tried to keep others out of, and that is that their is no heaven above and no hell below, its up to us to better this one sweet world. But why! WHY! would God let people suffer under the name of religion, nevermind the JW's but religion as a whole, why so much suffering for greed in the name of religion?

I keep telling myself that it is because of organized relgion not so much Christianity, but how can we no for sure when we have no proof God even exists or existed?

I have experianced communication with god.

Prayer simply means talking to god.

One night I prayed to god personally for the first time, this was when I was in the midst of my depression and needed help. I didn't have the righ words but my heart said many things. I struggled with prayer at first but when i prayed I felt a great overwhealming feeling in my heart. God was really with me.

Today he is present around me and in my heart I can't describe the feeling to you guys.

You ask how to hear god or if you have struggles with communication with god yourself well consider these conditions..

Are you really listening out for god or are you blocking him?

Are you constantly doubting and not giving god a chance?

Do you have faith? I know having faith doesn't sound logical to you guys but really even jesus says in the bible that with faith you can move mountains!

Faith is important! and I bet I know all the thoughts going on in your minds. Like are you lying to yourself? etc.

Well here is something.. why do christians claim that they have communication with god? Are they brainwashing themselves?

That night when I prayed to god, I didn't expect anything really but I still cried out to him! and he surprised me, he told me that night that he loved me and that I was to not give in to depression.

Another importance with prayer is god comunicates to our heart and soul, god communicates to us differently then we would interact with eachother he doesn't use e-mail or the phone.

Christians claim that they hear from god because they can!!! and they open up their hearts and minds to god!

Also in order for god to know everything he would have to know what you said! if he didn't know then he doesn't know everything! Thus he knows what you are going to say or think before you think or say it!

And with those who suffer under religious sake...

Blessed are those who suffer for rightousness sake!

Jesus got killed and he did nothing wrong he was innocent! As you see its not just us who suffer/ed Jesus went though it all as well.

Also the same with prophets they said things that got others upset like Moses when he spoke to the Pharoah.

See this has always been the case.

No I don't see prayer to god a brainwashing game at all! god has surprised me many times, I had faith in him.

I certainly haven't found that. Christians here are constantly telling me I'm going to hell for not believing in their sky-god.

Sky god?

I never noticed much christians here... I thought I was the only one

Then faith came along!

I really dunno what your guys fate is I cannot judge! God is the judge.

I as a Catholic believe in Purgatory so I don't think your doomed to hell!

Evanescence

• homesteader
    homesteader

Faith,

The other day my 7 year old grandson who is learning to read asked me what the word welcome meant. I asked him what he thought and he said "I think it means to come in." He didn't even need a dictionary. So WELCOME. I appreciated your story and experience. I've been a poster here for a few months and have yet to share deeply. Trust takes time and you might use your sixth sense to test the waters. If I wanted everyone to think the same way I would go back to the KH. The folks here challenge and affirm my thoughts and perceptions. If someone here forgets their manners I can gently point that out to them. In my opinion some people are still dealing with quite a bit of justifiable residual anger and pain. It doesn't take much to push their buttons. If you examine the dynamics of a relationship there will almost always be a conflict after the honeymoon phase to air one's differences. If both parties can weather the conflict the relationship can go on to higher levels.

In response to the thread of God speaking to people....I believe that when I accepted Christ and invited Him into my heart He became a part of me. Therefore, my experience has been that if I listen to my inner self I am in actuality listening to Christ and consequentially hearing him. The voice I hear has very kind, wise words as someone else previously posted. God speaks to me every day when I'm in the garden smelling the soil, planting tiny seeds that grow into edible vegetables and fragrant flowers, when I'm outdoors absorbing the universe and nature and hearing birds sing and the rooster crow at 5 am, interacting with people, hearing children laugh and play, wiping away their tears after a hurt......

" He walks with me. He talks with me. He tells me I am is own." Unknown Author from a Christendom Hymn.

And again this is MY chosen perception of life and it works for me.

God Bless.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Thank you all so much for your very thought provoking responces. Ive much to think over as all of these are very good thoughts and reflections. Thank you,

Ticker

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've heard the voice of God, directly, four times. All four times were moments when I had to make a pivotal decision about my future. Other times, I begged for an answer, and received no audible response. Nevertheless I feel that God has directed my life. Too many unexplainable coincidences and examples of divine justice. God promised me a long time ago that anyone who tried to bring me down would face His wrath, and He has been true to that promise.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Pete:
    In rebuttal to your point by point response, let me just say that you haven't even got the first clue...

• Faith
    Faith

All you posters here are awesome! Thank you everyone who has been here posting faithfuly all these years. I have read many threads for many years. I know we all have different results from a similar experience within the Borg. Those of us who experienced it are bound together by that experience and I salute you all as fellow survivors. I'm glad this forum is here as a wonderful place to express, share and reach out. Those of you that didn't experience it firsthand, thank you for caring enough to learn about us. That means you too Evanescence, you are a sweetheart.

My experiences with God goes beyond even the words to describe it. That is my experience. I respect and love you who have not had the same. Thank you Homesteader for the Welcome! I love the lryics that you quoted from that old song. I have recently been introduced, this last year, to all the old American and European Christian hyms. We sing that one at church. I have been practicing the song "I'll Fly Away" to play and sing on the guitar with my husband on the banjo to sing for the church;

Some bright morning when this life is over, I'll fly away.

To a land on God's celestial shore, I'll fly away.

I'll fly away oh glory I'll fly away.

When I die hal la lu ia by and by...I'll fly away. Simple songs that make you feel so good.

I hope everyone has a great week! Life is good.

Love,

Faith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit