Question for Christians

by Ticker 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Faith
    Faith

If my comments were so boring why did you bother to respond? Why not respond to the original poster and leave me alone? I mean if I was boring you so. You should go start a thread; please come bore me so I can invalidate you and negate you. Instead of harrasing other people.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

faith,

take a freaking chill pill. when peacefulpete used the term "bore", he was not talking about "boring" as in unintersting. the word means "to get into a subject", to interact with it, to come down into an issue. as in boring into rock.

from google:

a hole or passage made by a drill; usually made for exploratory purposes

• hmike
    hmike

Faith,

I hope you stick around, understanding that while you have something to offer that your feel others can benefit from, not everyone will be interested. I know that hurts, but that's how it is in the world, and why should it be any different here? It's too easy to get defensive; if we have something good to offer, let's just put it out there. If others don't like it--well, it's nothing personal, right? If it's too much of a problem for us, we should examine our motives for getting involved.

Ticker,

Hope these help you. Hearing from God doesn't have to mean in an audible voice.

Kim Norris,

Great to see an attorney in here. Maybe someday we can get a discussion going on historical evidence for the Bible.

Pete,

I bet you didn't see the complement I paid you in a recent thread. Narkissos appreciated his.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    You made comments that bore on a subject
    If my comments were so boring why did you bother to respond?
    when peacefulpete used the term "bore", he was not talking about "boring" as in unintersting. ; the word means "to get into a subject", to interact with it, to come down into an issue. ; as in boring into rock.

To bear, bore, borne.

• Faith
    Faith

I have never heard "bore" used before in that way. You can bore into a rock, bore into something that has matter. Anyways...I never intended to post my personal experience to have it picked apart and "bore" into that way. It was was it was, one simple experience that changed my life and changed the way I live my life. It was not intened to be bored into. Do you see the difference? Now if I were to post; "I believe Jesus is devine in a way that no other man ever was, please opine" that would have been different now wouldn't it?

• Faith
    Faith

...aaaaand it would take a lot more boring to bother me.I'm not bothered. Posting a post on a forum is not a life or death activity.

• Faith
    Faith

I think Mike thought it was bore too. Can I poke fun at him? Seeeee I'm not the only one who isn't accustomed to hearing "bore" used as a verb referreing to inanimate matter. ..where's the spell check on this thing?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Posting a post on a forum is not a life or death activity.

so true. some christians regularaly tell me that i am going to burn in hell for rejecting god. but i do not consider this a life or death situation either, nor am i in the least ever offended by it (although i may act offended, which i reserve the right to, naturally).

• Faith
    Faith

..naurally..now how do you make cute little cut and paste pages so I can throw peoples words back in their faces..er I mean bore deeper into them like all you experienced ones?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hope you'll bear with me...

how do you make ;cute little cut and paste pages so I can throw peoples words back in their faces..er I mean bore deeper into them like all you experienced ones?

Before pasting, click on the "quote" icon on top of your reply box (the cartoon balloon with quotation marks). A pale yellow frame will open and then you paste into it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit