Question for Christians

by Ticker 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• acadian
    acadian

I talk to God all the time , as a matter of fact, just yesterday I was talking to God and you know what he told me?

"Get a life !"

Just kidding, he told me that if I didn't stop whinning he'd throw a lighting bolt my way.
    I said " God I sorry I wont do that again, really."

I believe in everything and I don't believe in anything , what am I ? ( besides being confused)

Don't give up "Faith" Believe what you believe, and to hell with the rest of us. I know you ...

Acadian
    If you live below your means , you'll have the means to live

P.S. has anyone seen my taco ?

• Faith
    Faith

uuhhh ok I think I need more work on it. ooohh somebody knows me?

• Faith
    Faith

Don't give up "Faith" Believe what you believe, and to hell with the rest of us. I know you ...

I did it thanks to the love and support of you kind caring people. I feel so loved.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Wow. I want to personally thank everyone who took the time out to comment and some who commented many times. I appreciate every single persons input and took the time to read every single last post. Sorry I could not post sooner as I had some computer problems and had to deal with that for awhile. Now to the comments....

First off to Classicist, I am sorry and apologize for the misrepresentation of the pope communicating with God. I honestly thought it was so since they claim the pope is a direct decendant of the apostolic line and, do though very carefully give credential to some miraculous happenings in the world. It is not my intent to mislead any into wrong thinking on this matter and I apologize for this apparent error.

Little Toe, I hope I never came across as one throwing a hissy fit for God to prove himself as I would never take this sort of character. If God does communicate, then sure enough his choice in who he would communicate would clearly be his. I would never demand his doing something in which he would not be co-operable with. Like you said its his choice. I only was seeking input toword my earnest question. I appreciated your comments as all the others. Thank you.

Upside Down, Again I apologize, and in some ways I dont for this comment due to the fact that the JW organization has created a wall of mysticism around their communications with God. Yes it is an established policy that they do not support miracles in our present day and I suppose direct communication with God may constitute as a miracle. Nevertheless any earnest JW would no doubt feel that somehow the Governing Body of Members recieves a line of communication with Jehovah whether through holy spirit, prayer, or angelic deliverance of correspondance from God. I decided to mention them as they have created a sence of aura or mysticism around their exalted position with God. They seem to like circulating rumors or peoples speculation as to exactly how they communicate, whether they publicly proclaim this or not. If they didn't why would such speculation be allowded to continue. I have personally heard many members over the years speculate and fabricate story's of how they almost have a direct phoneline of communication. How they pray fervently over members names, and appoint them with the status of them being appointed by Jehovah. Of course we know the truth due to Ray's personal experiences on that body that their decisions are derived from member debating, discussing policies, or statistical figures, while prayer or bible research seldom comes into play. We also know that elders do not recieve promotion directly from the GB but rather from the societies service department, and this is not decided upon over prayer but rather service hours. Names on the lists meaning nothing as they were unknown individuals, decisions based rather on the amount of service and dedication to the society. So if their is a call of dishonesty I would have to also point my finger at the misleading ideals put into peoples heads by the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses. I am in no way trying to fabricate or cause false attacks on the watchtower, as like you mentioned this surely is not a tactful way to expose the real truth of the Org. This is not and has never been or never will be my demeaner to mislead people with false accounts on the Society. Like I mentioned though I am sorry if some took it that way and I should have been much more clear about it when I mentioned their name. Again thankyou for your clarification.

Faith, please dont take this form debate as a argumentive attack on ones beliefs. I in no way would ever promote that or intend for a thread to take such forms. I honestly feel as many here have already told you, we are merely debating a topic and sometimes it can become heated. We must be careful not to let our emotions run high, or take it too personal as we all are here for the same reason. To learn, to heal, to help, and to encourage one another as we all carry on with our journeys outside the watchtower. I dont think anyone would ever deliver a personal attack on another poster, and I think it may be a misunderstanding. As Tetrapod.Sapien stated, with type it is impossible to read emotion and many times one may seem to come across angry but in reality that is the farthest from the truth. I also warmly welcome you to this site and hope you may always feel free to comment or post.

Thankyou to each and everyone who has posted for helping me in my journey of discovery, as I personally feel one must be willing to break down our very ideals and soul to discover our being and meaning of life.

Ticker

• Faith
    Faith

You are VERY welcome! This was my first thread here and it was fun. I have read postings on this forum before and honestly I do think some get out of line and maybe chase some sensitve ones away. I disagree that every thread should be seen as a chance to negate and invalidate other members. That's just plain wrong in my humblest of opinions. Honestly do you think someone newly disassociated, disfellowshipped, or questioning the Sociaty is going to feel comfortable posting when every word they type can and will be used against them? There is a time and place to politly debate. I still say someones personal experience is not open to debate. You should all respect that. Otherwise you are calling that person either a liar, or a psychotic. Either way that is rude and has no place in an open discussion forum.

I just think that anyone who has ever been under the control of the WTBTS has the responsibility to show a little compassion and fair play to the newbys. I'm not really new to online forums and chats, just new to posting on this one. I knew how some of you were.

I learned a few things after disassociating myself. Don't sweat the small stuff, and don't take it personal.

Peace Out,

Faith

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Faith wrote:

: Either way that is rude and has no place in an open discussion forum.

El Oh El. Is this an open forum or not? If it is then Pete, Derek, and anyone else can say or comment on whatever they want. In my opinion, in this thread, you came across as a jerk, Faith.

• hmike
    hmike

Faith, I think most of us understand what you're saying. It would be nice, but in a place like this, with so many members with different viewpoints, any statement, especially one of opinion or belief, is subject to scrutiny. In a free country, that has always been true in any open forum, but it seems even more so in the post-Watergate era. You're not going to get what you would expect in a group where everybody shares the same perspective, such as in a small church group.

If this forum is a family, it's a somewhat dysfunctional one.

It would be like Gov. Schwarzenegger holding a public forum and expecting the same reception he would get at those $1000/plate dinners he holds.

• Faith
    Faith

I never accused any one person of anything. YOU have called me a name, how immature is that? Dysfunctional or not bullies should be held accountable for negating another persons personal experiences. I have not named names, so how in the world did you even know who may have been guilty of this unfounded acusation I have made? How would you know?

• Faith
    Faith

Posting Guidelines
    To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

Insulting, threatening or provoking language

Forums may be moderated to make sure they stay friendly and welcoming

These are quoted in the guidelines. I have been insulted. Several were not friendly or welcoming. I thought rules were here to protect us all.

• tetrapod.sapien

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit