Being a JW mother, I really don't understand how these women do it.

by Dragonlady76 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So glad my church has a children's ministry

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    You spank an 18 month old?

I see no point in spanking a 18 month old

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

That is what always got my dander up at the hall. And amazingly, these mothers were smug and proud of themselves-spanking babies. I still would like to send a social service worker as a pretend study undercover, and see someone doing this at the hall. Busted!!!! Ah, I can dream,can't I?

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

snickety,your messed up,and I hope your a troll.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Not a JW, here, but lots of church attendance. Our church was big on all holding hands, lifting them up, and praying together. The nice thing about being a young single mom is I had my two munchkins on either side, and I got to hold THEIR hands, with no fear of blood running out of my fingertips from holding my arms up so long.

I don't think I held an adult's hand in that congregation for ten years. Ah, the memories.

I spanked, too, but never in anger and only for willful disobedience. A wiggly child, in my opinion, is not being willfully disobedient. A wiggly child is being childish. Children are going to be antsy. As adults, it is our job to teach them at a level and a pace they can understand, and not frustrate our children.

I feel sorry for JW moms, but not just for the gruelling schedule. Pregnancies are dangerous enough without having to worry about a blood transfusion. What can it be like for an RH-negative mother with an RH-positive husband? Very risky.

A JW mother, more than most, also has to worry that she will be cut off from her child. One day, some day, she may have to shun her own flesh and blood. I think the shunning policy is inhumanly cruel. I think it cuts off natural affection a mother has for her children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit