What did you do over the weekend?

by ButtLight 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Laser light show on Saturday night. Loaded up the smoker with spareribs yesterday. And went to watch the foreworks tonight. Other than than, I didn't accomplish much all weekend. It was time to cut loose & relax ... watched a little TV, tipped a few longnecks, and enjoyed life.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Had a nice a family orriented party for our friend Badger, Saturday

Sent the kids to grandmas and holed up and got kisses Sunday and Monday.

Watched a movie.

Went to school for 3 hours...maybe 3.

Came home drank a couple drinks with my best friend and listened to the firecrackers under the big trees out back. Talked girl talk.

Started editing photos of a wedding I took, and visited here.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I was lucky enough to have a 4-day weekend.

I spent some time working with a friend (small sign business).
    Couple dinners with friends.
    Steak and Ribs on the bbq
    Lit my first fireworks thingy (Just a sparkler for me but we lit someother loud stuff, too)
    Watched fireworks display

Best part of my weekend: Took a Motorcycle Safety Class. I go for my license in 2 weeks!! Got to find me a bike now!!!!

It was a very good weekend.
    -Aude.

• Netty
    Netty

Took the kids to a baseball game, where they had a fireworks display afterward. We all loved it! Had a wonderful time.

• Sherri
    Sherri

We had a great weekend with our boys, ages 4 and 6-1/2. We went in to London on the train (always exciting for them) and visited the London Aquarium. I hadn't really got my hopes up too much about the outing -- thought they might get bored after the first tank or two -- but they both loved it! It was fantastic to see their excitement and enthusiasm as they stopped and gazed into each and every tank, oohing and ahhing over the variety of creatures to be found under the sea. The LA has an open pool where you can actually stroke a ray; we all enjoyed that. I thought they would be smooth like a dolphin or something, but it was like stroking a short-haired rabbit underwater -- lovely, soft fur.

Then it was off to McDonalds (of course) and an ice cream for after, followed by a cruise down the Thames from Westminster (boys both fascinated by Big Ben) to Greenwich.

We didn't do anything particularly earth-shattering, but it was a great day out, and we enjoyed the city in a different way by looking through their eyes -- everything was new and exciting for them. They are at such a fun age now and we're really enjoying the time we spend together.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I was working all weekend.

I got home from my main job at 9pm, then had to load my car ready for Saturday. Saturday started with a 2 1/2 hr drive to a pagan convention where I was running my stall which I worked all day. After that we managed to chill with a few beers on the night listening to Mad Mick telling his naughty poems, then a ceildh band. We got very little sleep that night because of all the other partying on the campsite, and had to leave early because after the long drive home I had to be back at my main job for 12! I got back home again at 9, then back at work yesterday morning, then finally got some sleep when I finished at 12.

Roll on the bbq next weekend..............

• greendawn
    greendawn

Went to the beach did a lot of swimming as part of exercising to lose weight and then came back and watched some films on satelite TV "Dead poets society" and "Seven years in Tibet"

• JH
    JH

Got suntanned. Strolled around town, and enjoyed the nice weather while it lasts.

Anticipating the CO week starting tonight......thinking of the apostofest just ahead...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Did something we never did as witnesses. Had a few of the family over [including my disfellowshipped niece - gasp] for a cookout. Watched the kids play, ate some food and played euchre.

Assembled my new golf clubs [ I bot Nike Slingshot clones - can't wait to get on the course ] , yard work.

Oh - almost forgot, worked my 40 hours on Fri thru Sun also.

Busy weekend. Happy 4th to all.

Jeff

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

watched my kids run around with sparklers and the fireworks over Geist reservoir from my patio.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit