What did you do over the weekend?

by ButtLight 29 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I went to the District Convention, and antiwitnessed like a mofo the whole time.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Enjoyed my hubby being home after a month long separation because of work, he is leaving tomorrow thou........boohoo.

We had a house full of kids probably about 13 kids, went shopping, got a haircut, went to a big fouth of July celebration. It was down on the Red River, and we listened to bands play, ate shrimp on a stick , turkey legs, and burnt the heck up it was so hot down here in Louisiana. The kids cooled off by playing in water spouts that come out of the ground , real nice city park thing, and we watched a huge fireworks show that was done ON the River on a barge. It was great!!

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I went to see the fireworks for the first time in about 3 years.

The wife was working so I told the kids, "I am going, you can come if you want".

They all decided to come with me?!

My 2yr old daughter loved it!!! She screamed her head off for about 10 minutes. It got so people were watching her instead of the fireworks!

I figure the jw-cackle-fest lit up this morning to discuss my "opposer" behavior. I will take it as an opportunity to explain that "I am loyal only to God. Remember, a man can not serve two masters. I (unlike you) would never put my faith in any man made institution (or governing body), because anything made by man is inevitably flawed. So my going to the fireworks was in no way an act of worship or a showing of faith in these United States (unlike you who were baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, and the governing body). I just the 2yr old would like to see them."

She, of course, will make no connection between my statement about the dangers of putting faith in a man made institution and her own blasphemous worship of the organization.

CYP

Censer Watchtower esse delendam

slow-steady-deliberate-relentless

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

gardening, painting, ice cream w/ boyfriend and stepkids, margaritas

• G Money
    G Money

Hit up all the BBQs, beach, went out with friends and had some insane times partyin like a rockstar!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Saturday- went clothes shopping for the kids and played with them. Sunday, went to a cookout...drank a few red drinks and danced to reggae. Yesterday, not a thing except accounting course work.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

and and PANCAKE BREAKFAST!

• Es
    Es

I took my son to disney on ice and the movies and then i endured a lunch with my fiances family which turned into a big diasaster es

• rambaldi
    rambaldi

I went sky diving
    I went Rocky Mountain climbing
    I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named fumanchu

I went apostate bashing on the internet boards.

S omeday I hope you get the chance
    to learn the end of dying.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Got together at the beach and another time at a friend's house for a cookout.

It was fun this long weekend! Nobody exceeded their alcohol limits. It's more fun and nobody gets in trouble that way.

Saw fireworks. Soooooooo pretty!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit