First annual Apostate Independence Day?? Any takers? Lurkers L00k please.

by IP_SEC 21 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Let me start by saying that I have the deepest respect for all of you who have left the organization.

Some of us choose to leave in spirit only but remain physically for any number of reasons. I have respect for you because you’ve been able to push through what I know is a terribly dense cloud to get to the point where you see the org for what it really is.

Others choose to fade, which in many ways is harder than leaving out right. I respect the decision to fade, as much as the descision to DA.

That being said I’d like to propose something I’ve been thinking about for a while. What I propose is sort of a large scale offensive.

If a large number of us could up and DA at one time, I think it would have a massive effect on the organization. What keeps most people in if they want out? Fear, plain and simple. Fear of losing family, friends, status, what ever. It is fear. One thing that can dissipate fear is the realization that what is feared can be over come.

If large numbers of us all of the sudden began to out right leave over, doctrine, practices, and so forth, it will give courage to the hangers on to leave too.

Here are some things this would accomplish:

1. Increase the chance for a negative number in this years report, increasing doubt in the minds of the R&F
    2. A large scale exodus on principle would cause a portion of the R&F to seek answers as to why this is happening.
    3. It will cause the org to tighten its grip. (Remember Leia’s words to Tarkin in Star Wars ANB?)
    4. You will be free at last, free at last!

Perhaps we could discuss the pros and cons of this idea here, get a feel for who might be willing to take it on the chin and leave. If it seems feasible we could set a date for the first annual apostate independence day.

What do you think? Lurkers jump in or pm me.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Hell,

I'd ALMOST get reinstated just so I could do it again that way!!

Have to have an anthem, any ideas?

• Pole
    Pole

When am I supposed to da myself? Just let me know before they df me. (Next time they call me I'm telling them I no longer consider myself a witness, unless I have a reason to delay).

Pole

• carla
    carla

I love your idea! Almost makes me wish I was jw just so I could DA myself! I tell ya what, I will still send a letter of a da-ing type just to show my support. Let us know when. Maybe spouses of jw's could make some kind of statement too. carla

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think the idea could be powerful if done on a community/circuit/city/congregation basis. For instance, if two (or more, hopefully) people from the same congregation DA'd a week apart; or if in a city of 5 congregations, people DA'd all in the same time frame.

I actually think there would be strategic benefit in not DA'ing on the exact same night (at least regionally), but just in the same general time frame (say, a few weeks apart). This is because it would be a mistake to feed the JW's paranoia that apostates go off to join with other apostates.

• luna2
    luna2

I've been meaning to send a DA letter in anyhow, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Let me know the timeframe and I'll send it out then.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Matt, I like your idea very much. However, a "religious kamakazee" assult of this magnitutude would mean that enough JWs are willing to sacrifice everything on the hope that everyone else does too.

That would cause the typical edge of the cliff, "You jump first..."

What about a less tramatic action to float this concept without permanantly affecting these JWs?

If the less tramatic actions were a success, then more JWs would be confident in their "religious kamakazee".

Other actions would include:

• Count zero hours on a specific month
    • Count an abnormally high number of return visits (say 30) on a paticular month
    • Place an abnormally high number of books (say 10) in a paticular month

Something that would show up on the radar and be revealed in every Kingdom Ministry service report. That kind of success would benchmark the fact that many active JWs are in fact lurkers and prepare for a more drastic action.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ok so we've got Pole and Luna2 in thats a start.

TXtrnd0 go for it, get reinstated then DA the next day!! LMAO

Sixy that is absolutley true, Pole and Luna are on different sides of the world and so if they acted alone then net effect would be null.

If we could get more on the bandwagon, the timing of regional or circuit level DAings could be better planned. It is also important that the R&Fers dont see it as a concerted attack, otherwise the persecution complex kicks in.

Ezekiel, yes this plan is only for folk who would be willing to take it on the chin. Your idea would be great for those not inclined to go out with a bang. Would you like to organize something like this?

Ok I got Pole, Luna2 and Carla on me spread sheet for folk who are up for this. Anyone else? Come on guys

Matt (tired of just talking about it and wantin to do something class)

• Frog
    Frog

Wow IP, your're all fired up aren't ya! I fully understand why you want to make an impact and statement with your da'ing. I guess it's natural to want to attain some sort of positive out of this otherwise completely destructive process. It's one of those very fragile things though, very rare that a bulk of people are in the same place at the same time where you are at with it. Although I think you should be persistent with it, might need to be patient, wait a couple of weeks/months before you rally enough support for your cause, so don't give up to easily if you don't get a huge response to this thread.

I agree with six though, in that your stand would have a greater impact if it was more like shock waves one after another in a particular district/circuit.

Wish I could participate IP, but unfortunately they got me back in 2003...All the best with it matey, and let us know of your progress, and stick with it until you get the backing! frog

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Ezekiel, yes this plan is only for folk who would be willing to take it on the chin. Your idea would be great for those not inclined to go out with a bang. Would you like to organize something like this?

Well I do think you are on to something. If anyone is interested in a lite version of this (see my post above) PM me.

If this gets interest I would like to work with you Matt on this as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit