Producer of KNOCKING posts at my guest list, Barbara Anderson replies

by Dogpatch 92 Replies latest jw friends

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Wow! There are some powerful letters in this thead. I hope Joel takes heed.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I AM NOT SURE BUT THIS INFO MAY ALREADY HAVE BEEN POSTED.

IN CASE IT HAS NOT, HERE ARE SOME ADDRESSES REGARDING PUBLIC BROADCASTING.

I WAS TOLD THAT THIS ONE IS MORE INTERESTED IN THE "CONTENT" OF A PRODUCTION.

ITVS 501 YORK ST. SAN FRANCISCO CALIF. 94110 PHONE 415-356-8383 OR INTERNET WWW.ITVS.ORG

THIS ONE IS MORE INTERESTED IN THE FUNDING.

CPB 401 NORTH 9TH NW WDC PHONE 202 879 9600 OR 800 272 2190

OR INTERNET WWW.CPB.ORG

I spoke to the local office for Idaho public broadcasting and had a very interesting conversation with two gentlemen.

I spoke to them about the pedophile issue and the organ transplant issue and said that there are good and helpful parts to this religion, just like all religions.

But if there is to be an accurate description of this religion delivered to the viewers, another much darker side needs to be covered also.

Both of these gentlemen then became very helpful and interested in what I had to say.

I find this to be very satisfying for me.

Outoftheorg

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

AlanF - that is an awesome letter!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The makers of the film are soliciting donations. I would gather they have gotten money from Jehovah's Witnesses under the guise they are making a film with a positive spin on the JW's.

In my opinion, they are going to do a positive spin no matter what we say. They have their "concept" and they aren't going to change it.

In my opinion protests should be lodged with the people at PBS who authorized funds for this film and The Film Arts Foundation, who is the film's fiscal sponsor.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

PBS is highly accountable to their public image for funding and favorable votes (dubs don't vote) at election time.

Here in Maine i went to bat for them 5 years ago "vote on 5 keep big bird alive'

Where would they be without loyal Dr.Who fans?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

...and here I was thinking after 35 years as a witness...that I knew my religion.

Guess I never did ! Great informational post Alan !

Rabbit

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's so sad to see the producer still singing the accolades of the WTS. I emailed him way back with a lengthy story and received a favorable response from his intern. To see him still blindly saying only positive things after all of us told the truth....it's just so disappointing.

I have no problem if they want to do a documentary showing both sides, but to paint such a destructive organization as all happy-happy-joy-joy is wrong.

• zulukai
    zulukai

HOT DAMN ALLAN F.!!! Thanks for that terrific exposé of watchtower BS!! When you see it all laid out like a laundry list it makes a person squirm with embarassment to have ever been a part of such a stupid belief system. I did not know about a whole lot of the smarmy jw nonsense pf the past until I got a computer and started reading this forum. I had my own convictions of the worthlessness of the jw con, but all the actual evidence I've read here has just amazed me no end. Thanks to Barb Anderson too for her tireless work on behalf of real TRUTH, I e-mailed the PBS site to request a more balanced view of the jw picture a while back, but when it was shown that the film maker had a jw background I didn't have a good feeling about the final outcome. If it plays out the way I suspect, then we will have to storm their doors with calls and e-mails of protest all over again.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Guys,

I wrote about this here : http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/93661/1.ashx

I'm going to try and get in touch with them this week and find out the direction of the documentry. It may not be what a lot of people here are writing about.

It may be like doing a doc on the amish or something. A look into the lives of JDub people, not the organization / religious aspect.

When I find out, I'll let you know

steve

• outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit