~knocking...thread to top~

Come on newcomers, what say you?

sKally

• sf
    sf

~bump~

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Another fact: Witnesses were incarcerated in Nazi concentration camps during World War II, and some who were released in 1938 confiscated diagrams proving the camps existed. Those diagrams were published in Watchtower magazine, but not taken seriously.

That's the 1st time I've ever heard of that. Anyone have info on this? I mean the claim that diagrams were published in WT. True?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

July 22, 2005

Dear Barbara,

I apologize for my delayed response to your email about the film KNOCKING, currently being produced by Tom Shepard and Joel Engardio.

Your feedback is important to me. The mission of the Independent
    Television Service (ITVS) is to present independent media on public
    television with programs that expand civic participation by bringing new
    voices and points of view into the public discourse. While some viewpoints are not always popular, ITVS recognizes the value of presenting differing sides of an issue, providing vehicles for discussion, education, reflection and sometimes change.

KNOCKING reveals how a misunderstood and often derided Christian group,
    the Jehovah’s Witnesses, has impacted society in ways far greater and more surprising than a knock on the door. Through the main characters in the film and their family—some who are Jehovah's Witnesses and some who are not—KNOCKING tells both sides of the story. KNOCKING takes a balanced
    approach, and fair criticism is addressed. It does not promote nor does it denigrate. All historical and medical facts will be accurate and fairly presented in the film.

KNOCKING is still in a rough cut stage and has not screened publicly.
    ITVS, along with PBS has stringent editorial standards when dealing with
    any program. Not only did the producers have to pass a very competitive
    review process to receive funding for KNOCKING, the program will be
    reviewed closely by both ITVS and PBS before it is considered for
    broadcast.

ITVS takes your comments seriously and will share them with the producers. This program is not yet slated for a PBS broadcast. I ask that you contact ITVS (and not PBS) at [email protected] if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
    Jim Sommers
    Director of Communications, ITVS

• carla
    carla

Should everyone email ITVS? carla

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

It is very important that Jim Sommers, Director of Communications, ITVS, receive more protest e-mails. We should not let this story die. Jim's answer to me was basically a repetition of the answer I originally received from the producer of KNOCKING. I just don't think these people want to think about our words of protest, but they do understand the power behind thousands of e-mails from viewers who are very unhappy with PBS and the "mother" organization who funded this flawed, biased presentation and the bad publicity we can generate.

Thank you everybody for your support and help.

Barb

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Following is my email on the subject as sent. Got any other addresses for me?

[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]

July 26, 2005

Independent Television Service (ITVS)

Public Broadcasting Service (PBS)

PBS Foundation

Knocking Director

RE: film KNOCKING, currently being produced by

Tom Shepard and Joel Engardio

To Whom It May Concern:

I was raised as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses™. My father was an Elder™ for many, many years. I left the Truth™ after I got married to a JW™ man who was on track for becoming a Ministerial Servant™. I moved to his Congregation™, where I thought I had friends I had grown up with at local assemblies. I got to know them at times when my dad was an invited Sunday speaker, or one of their dad’s was an invited public speaker at our congregation, and we’d go out to dinner afterwards. We’d also meet at the local swimming pool on Sundays after the Public Talk™ and Watchtower Study™. Several of the elders and their families in that congregation were considered friends of my parents.

Well, the problem was, I married into the wrong, “spiritually weak™” hard working JW family.

I was shunned™ from my first meeting at that Kingdom Hall™ AFTER our marriage. I was shunned to the point where I walked up to a group of Sisters™ whom I knew well, and had them shoulder me out of their conversation. When I asked one of their dad’s, one congregation elder friend of my dad, why I was being treated so poorly, he started yelling at me that my deceased father-in-law was a raging, wife- and child-beating alcoholic and deserved to go to hell! That he tainted the entire family and the family could never do enough to correct their situation! This elder happened to be the Presiding Overseer™ of the congregation.

It got so bad that I just could not bring myself to attend any longer.

That is just a part of my personal story, a part of the abuse I received at the hands of the Elders™ and Publishers™ of the congregation I married into.

To get beyond my personal story, I have some questions for you to consider:

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society™ and Governing Body™, the leader of Jehovah’s Witnesses™, have since inception called The United Nations™ the “Wild Beast upon which the Harlot, Babylon the Great rides”. This is paramount in their literature up until the early 1990’s. If so, then why did they become an NGO™ (Non-Government Organization) supporter of the UN™ for 10 years? Once someone discovered their association with the UN and became a whistle blower, they cancelled their “subscription”. Their excuse was to get a library card, when in reality, an NGO member has the support, physical and financial, of the UN in third world countries who have kept Jehovah’s Witnesses out.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society™ and Jehovah’s Witnesses™ condemn tobacco use, and Disfellowship™ or excommunicate a baptized member who is found using tobacco products and is not repentant enough. Yet, the WTBTS has invested in R.J. Reynolds™ stock.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society™ and Jehovah’s Witnesses™ encourage an active, loving family home life. However, they hide and protect pedophiles. Domestic violence is frowned upon as the wife not being loyal enough to her husband. A wife that leaves her husband due to domestic violence is encouraged to go back to him. A wife who leaves and divorces her abusive husband and later remarries another, is considered adulterous and is disfellowshipped.

Jehovah’s Witnesses™ are run by a publishing company’s Governing Body™.

My personal synopsis: The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society™ and Jehovah’s Witnesses™ are a high mind control group of hypocrites.

Sincerely,

Brenda L. Cloutier

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    If you are interested
    in volunteering to organize such a screening in your city, contact us
    directly at [email protected]. Please type “Volunteer” in the
    subject heading.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They just got mail from the U K ....

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I just got an email from Heidi at virushead.net in which she forwarded the director of "Knocking"'s canned response to any emails he receives. He stated that there are no JW's among the editorial group, but they were interviewed. Then dig this quote, " And we do have Jehovah's Witnesses who are serving as consultants for factual accuracy."

Every time I read that sentence, I have to giggle a bit. Any sentence with "Jehovah's Witnesses" and "factual accuracy" is going to be funny, whether it was intended that way or not!

Should be an entertaining -- if infuriating -- program.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit