5 JW's DEAD 3 HURT BAD convention crash!

by DannyHaszard 36 Replies latest social current

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

5 dead, 3 injured in I-10 rollover Arizona Daily Star - Jul 01 3:21 AM Five people died and three were injured in a rollover crash on Interstate 10 east of Willcox, officials said Thursday. The van was westbound on I-10 just before 7:30 p.m. when it rolled over near Section: Tucson Region

5 dead, 3 injured in I-10 rollover

By Alexis Huicochea ARIZONA DAILY STAR Five people died and three were injured in a rollover crash on Interstate 10 east of Willcox, officials said Thursday. The van was westbound on I-10 just before 7:30 p.m. when it rolled over near the community of Bowie near Milepost 369, said Officer Frank Torres, an Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman. Authorities said the people in the van were on their way to a conference at a Jehovah's Witness hall in Willcox, but did not know where they were coming The names of the victims and injured were not released. Four of the five people with fatal injuries died on impact, while the fifth died shortly thereafter at the scene, a DPS dispatcher said. The three survivors were airlifted to University Medical Center in Tucson, Torres said. The extent of their injuries and conditions were not known. The cause of the crash is under investigation. This crash is the second major accident on I-10 in six days. On Saturday, an 11-vehicle pileup shut down I-10 for hours near the New Mexico state line. At least three people had to be taken to UMC following that crash, which involved six tractor-trailer rigs eastbound on I-10. œ Contact reporter Alexis Huicochea at 629-9412 or [email protected] .

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

That is terrible news. I dont care for the message...but all those folks have families and folks who care for and love them. What a loss. My prayers go out to the loved ones left behind.

Ironic though... to loose ones life in a worthless endevor makes this doubly sad. A few years back a Sister from Arkansas lost her life while in Memphis for a CA. She was shot during an armed robbery. The local JW's spun that for years with a "doing the right thing-time and unforseen occurence" angle for years.

~Hill

• rebel8
    rebel8

How sad!

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I remember about 5 years ago a brother died leaving the assembly, he decieded for some reason to change his flat in the middle of the highway. Well, someone ran into him and killed him.

Just think if those people knew that they were wasting their time going to assemblies they might still be alive.

Sad.

• Purza
    Purza

Very tragic. I feel for their friends and families.

Purza

• Ellie
    Ellie

This really is very sad, but does anyone remember about 10 years ago when a coach full of JWs on their way to an assembly in Spain crashed, I don't recall how many were killed but it was a pretty awful crash,all over the UK news.

A very sad thing to happen.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes very sad. I remember a Br Davis & his whole family drove there trailer to an assembly

& the youngest daughter was sleeping in the back....while they were traverling,A truck smashed into it killing her. The Brothers said Jehovah would have given protection -But it was against the law to let the people sleep in the back whilst in route....Therefore HIS protection was denied.... Nice Loving God????

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sorry but this is no time for..if they werent going to the convention it wouldnt have been happened..

things like this can happen anytime anywhere to anybody

i hope they rally round and offer genuine practical help to all those that suffered injury and who lost loved ones

this is a tragedy

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I'm sure fellow JWs will consider this a "one-way ticket to Paradise" since they died in service "to Jehovah."

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

sorry but this is no time for..if they werent going to the convention it wouldnt have been happened..

things like this can happen anytime anywhere to anybody

i hope they rally round and offer genuine practical help to all those that suffered injury and who lost loved ones

this is a tragedy Yea thats true. No one ever said that it couldn't happen anywhere else or to anybody. But they probably wouldn't have died right then had they not been going to an assembly. The sad part if you have trouble reading is this: They died doing something that was basically a waste of time. M'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit