5 JW's DEAD 3 HURT BAD convention crash!

by DannyHaszard 36 Replies latest social current

• outnfree
    outnfree

Very tragic! Very sad! May their left-behind love ones find comfort and ease...

outnfree

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy,

Do you remember how they used to say at assemblies that if you exceed the speed limit the angels leave your car?

Sure do!!!How we could have worshiped Jehovah under the WT rule -beats me even to this day.

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

It's the sort of terrible thing that happens all too often to anybody. What I find terible is that witnesses WILL take comfort that those who die have basically got an express ticket to the new order via a resurection. I have heard witnesses say when non witnesses die - "Well at least they will be in the order" - like it's a good thing they have done by dying.

• lonelysheep
  • greendawn
    greendawn

The responses show that the ex jws are not really against the R & F jws but against the org and specifically the GB.

If five of the old wolves got killed not many would feel any sympathy and some would even feel like dancing.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

That's very sad news. Of course, how many times have we sat thru talks relating an experience where some poor Dub lost his life in an accident or natural disaster and the speaker would say something like..."If only that witness had been at the Kingdum Hall, he/she would have been safe." Here's an example of Dubs trying to make it to an assembly. Where was their protection?

-BONEZZ

• desbah
    desbah

My condolences goes out to the familes for the loss of their love ones. It was sad to hear it on the news.

Do the dubs help out like contributing money for funneral expense or do little things like giving food to family members?

I know some churches go out of their way to help out in family crisis.

• Simon
    Simon

That is sad news.

• blondie
    blondie
    Do the dubs help out like contributing money for funneral expense or do little things like giving food to family members?

The congregation BOE does not do this at the congregation level. A resolution would have to be made at the service meeting, seconded, and a voice vote taken. But I have never seen this happen in the last 50 years in any congregation I have been in. There is never an request for money for the family made from the platform that I have every heard.

But I have seen individual witnesses give food, usually because it is part of the ethnic culture they grew up in. It is usually the women in the congregation that are close friends of the family that reach out.

Compared to the non-JWs I have seen, most JWs (especially the elders) could use a lesson in compassion and love.

Blondie

• desbah
    desbah
    A resolution would have to be made at the service meeting, seconded, and a voice vote taken.

thank you Blondie for answering my question...wow I can't believe it takes this type of process just to help with funneral cost.

to me this is a heavy financial cost for the families just to do the funneral expenses of five JW members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit