Touched Tarot Cards Last Night and Guess What Happened? :)

by rebel8 12 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Nothing, just like the other threads!

The reason really I bring this up is to ask a question. I know virtually nothing about Tarot.

Someone mentioned in a thread recently that there is a WT symbol in Tarot. I have the cards now and checked it out. I see a tower, but the companion book doesn't call it a watchtower, nor in its description does it mention anything that could be similar to WT symbology. It's just a tower. Maybe I missed something?

Am I getting it confused with a different symbol?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I thought if you touched them you would blow up/die/become a demon?? That told me then.....

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Rebel8!!!

WHAT HAVE you done??????

Just wait until the next full moon!!!

Alas poor Rebel8! I knew her when......

Annie

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

dont know about the tower, but you'll have tough time time trying to convince the elders that they are just for a game of snap! Must get myself a pack actually.

• Robdar
    Robdar

LOL at Annie!

Other than the picture of the tower, there are some similarities between the WTS and the tower card. The tower card's definition is: " war, a war between the structures of lies and the lightning flash of truth. The Tower stands for "false concepts and institutions that we take for real." When the Querent gets this card, they can expect to be shaken up, to be blinded by a shocking revelation. It sometimes takes that to see a truth that one refuses to see. Or to bring down beliefs that are so well constructed. What's most important to remember is that the tearing down of this structure, however painful, makes room for something new to be built.

What deck are you using?

• rebel8
    rebel8

It says Paris Tarot cards on the box. Inside is a book, a cloth, and the cards. The book explained it was a stairway to heaven. Didn't see any reference to what you said, but I'll check again when I get home. Your description does sound a lot like WTS.

Is there some tarot symbol used on the Golden Age magazines, or am I mixing that up with something else?

No demon possession yet!

• Robdar
    Robdar

I've never heard of the Paris deck. "Stairway to Heaven"? Hmmmm, queer. As long as I've been reading tarot, the tower's definition has always been one of upheaval and sudden, adrupt change of normal circumstances. After the big change is when the good stuff starts happening.

http://www.supertarot.co.uk/lessons/02major.htm

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thanks for the info!

I think there are some tarot-like cards from Italy too. They might be different as well. Read about them in my Strega (Italian folk "witchcraft") books. I don't believe in the existence of the supernatural myself, but it's interesting reading.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Looks good to me!

Tower card of tarot deck

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

LOL rebel!

=

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit