How do you feel, relieved or sad?

by jula71 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Im relieved to know the real truth about 'the truth', but I still feel a bit of a void I think. Im not sure where im going to go next in what i believe, if anything at all.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yup julia im feelin ya

and 9th wonder..like ..omg

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    "a beautiful dream. Who wouldn't want that?"

Frankly, Jula, I wouldn't and I never did. I was raised on the Paradise hope, but deep down I know I didn't want to live there - it sounded unbelievably boring. When I left at 16 I had decided

a) I wasn't good enough for paradise, and

b) that I'd rather have 2 or 3 years in this world than an eternity as a robot for god.

If you are still pining for that ideal- go here to this - its a funny and frightening mock up diary of an Armageddon Survivor, and what it would be like in paradise really:

www.macgregorministries.org/jehovahs_witnesses/armagsurv.

• Sith
    Sith

What 9th Wonder said..."Liberated"
    What an excellent word

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Jula71,

It's hard a times beacuse you were raised with this carrot hanging in front of you, But it does get easier. I will never forget the joy I felt at feeling free to do whatever I wanted, I went crazy and tried to cram in all that I had missed out on, sometimes I still felt watched and gulity at times, but I would stop and remember how boring being a dub was.

Like Crumpet said, I would rather enjoy a little time being free on earth than being a robot for a life time chassing a intangiable dream.

DL76

• Emma
    Emma
    For me, life is now so much more mysterious and sacred than when I was a witness; almost magical.

I felt this too, but was never quite able to put it into words. Looking at the sunset or beautiful flowers or a cardinal and not having to say "thank you jehovah" felt wonderful.

I also love not having all the answers!

I've gotten over the bitterness and saddness for the most part but still regret what my leaving has done to my mother. She is good hearted and kind. I think if she wasn't so closely guarded by my siblings, we would deffinintely have a good relationship.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's the paradise and getting soon rid of old age and all diseases that seduces people so much but it is a cruel mind game, anyway no one would get into any papadise by abiding to what the GB says by being a JW.

For me there was no sense of loss because I believe in God and the resurrection and something good will happen sooner or later.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Potleg I forgot to add they are something more than wackos they are very smart manipulators that know how to get the dubs to work for them for nothing ie free labour. You work for the WTS but God will reward you not the WTS!

• rebel8
    rebel8

It just doesn't bother me any more. Did for a while though. Now I have had several close encounters with my mortality (because of illness) and have come to terms with it. I wouldn't recommend that as a coping mechanism though!

• greendawn
    greendawn

What's the medical problem Rebel if I may ask?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit