How do you feel, relieved or sad?

by jula71 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Scully and WillyLoman:

I totally agree with you both that I have no right to impose my beliefs on anybody else. I never felt it was my responsibility in the first place to see that other people are "saved". My question: then who is responsible for ME being saved??? This was simply a guilt trip designed to keep us on a never-ending treadmill with the carrot of the "paradise earth" dangling from a string just out of reach. No more.

And, Scully, you are absolutely right that the negative personal experiences in the religion far outweighed the positive ones. I am glad you kept a roster of this, if only to prove it to yourself. I didn't need to. The negatives were one after the other. Bam, bam, bam.

For this and many other reasons I am relieved to be out of this religion. But, I do feel a little sad sometimes for the broken dreams and "friendships" that flopped like a lead balloon.

Oh, well. We live and learn.

• Mr Facts
    Mr Facts

bump

• ammo
    ammo

Its all the feelings above, its funny somehow there comes a real peace with knowing all the emotions felt are just a natural reponse. That you are not losing it, and on the way to a padded cell. That so many others are feeling the same way. Definatly better being out-more realistic, believable, achieveable to say the least. But theres still a hole. Specially in regards as the belief on the dead. Its only been 2 months.

Reading on here helps immensely, when those little doubts creep back in.

I come on here and SNAP OUT OF IT !!

• finally awake
    finally awake

RELIEVED!! It's so much better to not have to stress about what the elders are going to think about every little thing I do

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit