District convention...

by RichieRich 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

I remember the last district convention I went to - I was 22, I had coloured my hair, I had a hot car with mags, spoliers, a thumping great CD stereo [this was almost 20 years ago], I was dating a sexy "worldy girl [actually I was doing a lot more than that].

I had bad boy attitude.

It was like a babe magnet.

So Richie you could have a lot of fun. I can see from your post you got attitide my boy, and all those good little JW girls seem to like the bad boys. Have fun.

• squinks
    squinks

Richie,

I remember having to fight to keep my eyes open. Mind numbingly boring crapola. Anywhooo, I am anxiously awaiting your report. You are quite a wit with a great future ahead.

Squinks

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Piranhas in the Baptismal pool?

Pardon the pun Midwich but thats dry...very dry....

I was just going to suggest sharks but hey...piranhas will have to do...

DB74

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Jaffas to roll down the isles.

Bubble bath for the pool.

IPod....

...with 200 watt amp

Swap the Ford for a 68 Corvette

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

For chrissakes remember to WEAR A SHIRT at the convention dude!

Seriously, why not pass the time with an enjoyable game of Bullshit Bingo, and on successful completion of the game you get the enormous satisfaction of standing up and hollering "BULLSHIT" at the top of your lungs.

Suggestion 2: take notes, channeling your boiling anger down onto paper, and then put the scans up on a website so we can all have a laugh

Good luck, try not to gnaw your own arm off to keep from going insane. Remember to sing loudly, enthusiastically, and totally out of tune during the songs.

ig.

• blondie
    blondie

The doors don't open until 8 am but the session starts around 9:55? Try and make that more like 9 am or is it hard to find seats?

Sit where it is cool or bring a battery fan (and batteries); bring water (visit the restroom more often)

Do you have a small radio with ear buds? Pretend to be listening to the program but...

Make notes of any especially ridiculous statements from the platform to bring back to JWD.

Remember that in the business life ahead, you may still have to sit during boring meetings; consider this practice.

Sit at the end of the row if you can for a quick getaway.

Blondie

• undercover
    undercover

The convention site that you're going to....

There's a strip club right across the street

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Richie,

Good luck to you and don't forget to take some pictures for show and tell here on JWD.

Be careful. Don't do anything to blow your cover and get in hot water.

HappyDad

• Mary
    Mary

Hey Richie, you're not alone..........I'm going on Saturday to my ASS-embly. Too bad we both didn't have those hand held miniture computers.....we could get online and talk on MSN during the sessions!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Let out a loud evil laugh during the drama when they say you shouldn't go to college. Keep it going for a long time so they can't be sure you're laughing at it or if you're really entertained.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Bring some smurfs and play with them during the sessions!! Set them on the seat next to you. A few minutes later, look over at it suddenly and pretend you're startled...tap someone on the shoulder and ask if they saw the smurf move because you swear you did...! Ask one of the attendants to carry it out of the auditorium and burn it for you. Of course, do this during one of the long talks to ensure maximum disruption.

Piranhas in the Baptismal pool?

LOL! But that may kill the fish. How about putting in a nice milky way or some candy bar that looks like a big poo!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit