District convention...

by RichieRich 26 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hey Richie,

I just read on another thread that you are going to the Winston-Salem convention. I have extended family that just moved to Kernersville and that is probably where they are going also.

They are my late wife's brother and his grown and married kids. They just recently moved from Florida to N.C. because they thought it would be a better place to live.

I can't understand their JW mentality. They all had very good paying jobs in Florida and quit them, sold their houses and moved to Kernersville without even having jobs lined up.

HappyDad

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Rich,

I hope you meet a nice young sister of like mindedness at the convention. Have a good time and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If at all possible, try to make recordings of the drama and some of the other talks of interest.

If you record from a stadium seat you will most likely get a very poor recording.

The best way to get a good quality recording is to go into the corridor where the attendants are. There you will find small speakers on tables and on the floor. Just place your recording device next to one of the speakers. There should also be more than enough movable chairs in the corridor, so you can grab one and sit near the speaker you are using.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hey Richie,

Run up and take one of those cardboard contribution/pocket lint boxes, from one of the old Watchtower hens they'll have guarding it. Just to see what happens. It'll be more fun then singing, plus everyone will be watching.

Dismembered

"You best be believing in ghost stories, cuz your in one"

• Mary
    Mary

Elsewhere said: The best way to get a good quality recording is to go into the corridor where the attendants are. There you will find small speakers on tables and on the floor. Just place your recording device next to one of the speakers. There should also be more than enough movable chairs in the corridor, so you can grab one and sit near the speaker you are using.

Ya, and then you get some overzealous 20 year old asshole who comes and shoves a sign in your face that says 'PLEASE SIT DOWN'. Anyone tries that with me and I'll have to slap em up the side of the head. If I remember today, I'll take the small tape recorder I have at work and see what damage I can do on Saturday. Do they still make announcements that recording devices are not permitted? Gee, I wonder why they wouldn't want us to use recording devices.......couldn't we warn more people about Armageddon's impending destruction to more people?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Richie-

Bring a few 3 foot subs, popcorn, your stoner friend, and a case of beer, and start passing out popcorn, subs and beers during the drama. Hell, someone needs to bring the refreshments.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

walk around during lunch and find the most secluded bathroom, then during the ummm...what do they call it...oh yeah...symposium...go to that bathroom, smoke it up with a couple of bong hits, then saunter on back to u'r seat...

the talk will probably make more sense after you do that anyway. me and my exfriend used to pop a couple of xanax before each assembly, which i don't recommend by the way. we're lucky we never od'ed. but at least i have no memories of my last few assemblies and coventions.

luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit