Can JW's take vacations.....from the truth?

by JH 34 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

I've done it. When my son used to go visit his father for a couple of weeks in the summer, I'd take a week of my vacation and just stay home...no service, no meetings, no studying. Yes, I know...I wasn't a good dub at all sometimes.

• kls
    kls
    When JW's want a vacation,

Vacation ? What are you asking ,to be a part of the world ,,,,,,,,,,,that means to be wordly ,OMG

Thats it ,no paradise for you wordly jws.

• Es
    Es

heheh you could always tell the elders your goin away for 3 weeks and just stay at home but then you would be like prisoners to scarred to get caught out. Its a tough one :( es

• Honesty
    Honesty

I almost threw 2 Pinnochio elders out of my house once when they came by to tell me that I wasn't very spiritual because I could take my family on vacation but couldn't make it to the meetings. I started to tell them why I couldn't make it to the meetings but still thought that I had a slight chance of fading and keeping my family intact.

• blondie
    blondie

In several congregations I went on vacation for 2 weeks and no one noticed I was gone.

Just tell them you were visiting different congregations in the area because you don't get to see them except at assembiles/conventions.

Take mini-vacations, camping, exchange houses with someone.

I used to house-sit for my customers. Try house-sitting for 3 weeks, vacation and get paid for it and the elders will never know where you are.

Visit non-JW relatives who will put you up.

Blondie

PS I have known of many an elder/MS family who never went to a meeting while they were on vacation, year after year after year. They even went on vacation during the CO visit and circuit assemblies saying they would make it up by going to a different congregaton/circuit and never went then either. I know elders who went deer hunting during the same time of the circuit assembly and missed the CO visit one year.

It's good to notice these things when they try to apply the rules to you.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Here's a good one.

Sevral years ago a small group of jw's, including my family went to a nice campsite in the mountains.

It had hot springs and all.

This was in the last 3 days of the week and including saturday and sunday.

Along comes sunday evening and this dim wit elder wants all of us to "gather together" tm. For the

WATCHTOWER STUDY.

I could tell no one wanted to. They wanted to kick back and rest and take it easy.

He made a big self righteous fuss and most of us went.

I vowed to NEVER go with a group again. Always my family and maybe another not so dedicated to the wbts.

Outoftheorg

• Netty
    Netty

Dont think so, no matter how much explaining you try to do, you are marked.

• 9thWonder
    9thWonder

How about this one??? My son's bedtime is 9:00 p.m. during the school year. The older he gets the more complicated his homework gets. This means that sometimes he has to miss the Theocratic Ministry School & Service Meeting (I think that's what it's still called) @ 7:30 p.m. on Thursday evenings. I don't get home from work until 6:00 and that gives us 1 hour to do homework and get ready for the meeting. We don't get home until almost 10:00 p.m. That just doesn't work. He loses sleep and suffers for it the next day in school. Hmmm... what would you do?

• Netty
    Netty
    Re: Can JW's take vacations.....from the truth?

You can check out, but you can never leave.

• JH
    JH
    You can check out, but you can never leave.

Hotel California...

Rat just can't sleep tonight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit