Can JW's take vacations.....from the truth?

by JH 34 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When JW's want a vacation, they have to go someplace to justify that they aren't at the hall. So often we hear that brother of sister "X" went to hawaii for 3 weeks, and everybody is happy.

But, if a JW doesn't have the money to take a real vacation, but just wants to take, lets say 3 weeks off, and stay at home without going to any meeting, can it be done without questions asked, just like the couple going to Hawaii?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Not unless you're dead.

• Purza
    Purza

Only if the elders don't find out.

Purza

PS Even when you are on vacation in Hawaii, you are still expected to go to the meetings.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

One can always say that they have the flu. How many times do JWs actually visit the sick?

• JH
    JH

Imagine a brother telling an elder straight out, "I'm taking 3 weeks vacations, and I'm staying home, not going anywhere". See you in 3 weeks, not before.

What can an elder do?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Yeah... I'm developing a cold... just in time for the DC nontheless...

Here's to Friday's off!

• Purza
    Purza
    What can an elder do?

Sheparding call on you? Mark you? Take privileges away? Not really sure, but they wouldn't be too happy.

Purza

• zagor
    zagor

I know of someone who ended up in hospital and got visited by a couple of elders later who came to counsel her about dangers of "immorality" few weeks after she came home. No one asked if she was ok.

That speaks volumes.

• jula71
    jula71

We have talks down here, EVERY SUMMER, on the need to look up local halls when we travel. And they always say, vacation shouldn't mean, vacation from the truth."

• dontnowat2believe
    dontnowat2believe

Theres always temporary amnesia.

Pete

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit