July 4th weekend...any special plans?

by xjwms 31 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Yeah..............

I'll be standing by with my phone to call the firemen and my garden hose to try to put out the roof fire that the ghetto people (white and black........so don't take this as racist) in my neighborhood might set with their hundreds of dollars worth of rockets and whatever.

They don't have money for the essentials of life other than beer and smokes but sure manage to spend a lot on fireworks.

And while I'm in the back yard.........I will have my .380 in my back pocket for insurance purposes.

I haven't had a fire yet (yet = your eligible too) but a couple of other houses in the 'hood have on this wonderful day of celebration.

But now that I think of it..........my house is worth more on my complete replacable insurance policy than it is if I try to sell it.

Never mind the phone and the hose.

HappyDad

• Purza
    Purza

We just plan to relax this weekend (strange concept for us). We have my step daughter this weekend (she is 3.5), but we have to have her back on Monday before any fireworks shows. So. . . we are going to a local fair on Sunday. It has fireworks all three evenings.

Our city used to be able to have fireworks, until last year they banned it. Kinda sucks.

Love2Be -- are you in Northern or So. Cal?

Purza

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The husband just bought a new grill. He is so ready to fire that baby up! LOL So we may just stay home and watch the fireworks from our patio.

Josie

• Valis
    Valis
    They don't have money for the essentials of life other than beer and smokes

and what pray tell are these other supposed essentials?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• kls
    kls

Usually the whole family comes to my house and we grill out and shoot off fireworks ,then have a huge bonfire but with little rain and everything so dry it maybe just a cookout . The good part is that my house is so high up on a hill that i am see fireworks from about 4 miles all around.

Have a great and safe 4th everyone

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

We will be working on our house. Putting in a garbage disposal, 2 windows, repainting #1 son's bedroom, sheetrocking, plastering and giving a lot of money to Lowes.

And amidst all that we will BBQ.

WG

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

We are celebrating Independence Day on Sunday, July 3, which is also my birthday - Independence being a double meaning. We are celebrating Rocky being DF'd (a few weeks ago) and thought it appropriate to celebrate the holiday and my birthday at the same time. We have about a dozen friends coming over for a BBQ, a couple of them are also xJWs. We will be setting off some fireworks, still legal here in rural Easterna Washington. This will be Rocky's first time celebrating the 4th of July holiday. Happy holidays! - Mrs R

The higher one climbs on the spiritual ladder, the more they will grant others their own freedom, and give less interference to another's state of consciousness. - Paul Twitchell

• Netty
    Netty

Definately gonna watch the fireworks. We usuallly drive up to this hill and park and watch. During the day think I will take the kids to see the new Martine Lawrence movie, rebound. It looks pretty funny. I love spending holidays with my kiddos!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I have 4 friends coming in from out of town. 2 from Michigan. 2 from Arizona.....so should be fun. I'm off Friday and Monday. So I have a nice 4 day weekend.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Valis,

I had ya beat last year but not this one. I positively love fireworks and we usually do save a bit during the year to 'do it right'. The neighbors hardly buy their own anymore. They'll pop a few ground flowers on the driveway then pull up their chairs and watch ours go off.

It's nice to be free from the WTBTS...

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit