July 4th weekend...any special plans?

by xjwms 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Hmmmm ... our daughter will be home tomorrow night. And after that? We have no real plans ... I do have a slab of ribs in the freezer and a bag of charcoal in the garage. I suppose that takes care of Saturday night. And then there's fireworks on Monday.

What to do on Sunday ... hmmmmmmmm ... could go to the meeting. Could play golf. Could stay home and drink.

I need to weigh my options.

• squinks
    squinks

Geez Happydad, a little cranky there? We all just do the best we can with what we have.

Anyway we go to a fun party in St. Paul every year!!! Can't wait.

• Mary
    Mary

Our holiday here in Canada is tomorrow---July 1st........seeing as I'm not too far from the U.S. border, I was thinkin' about going over there and bringing back some decent fireworks to set off.......I don't know why, but our fireworks over here suck dead rocks........anyhoo, I'm probably going to a bbq tomorrow, doing some gardening on the weekend if this frigging heatwave ever goes away.......and oh ya, I'm actually going to the shit summer assembly on Saturday .......I'm even going to take notes so I can post my findings here..........I hope you all are thinking about me sitting there listening to the regurgitated crapola on Saturday!!!

• xjwms
    xjwms

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The usual cookout with family and other 'spiritual weaklings' and watching of fireworks.

But of course, we're not doing it to celebrate Independence Day in way. We just do the cookout because everybody happens to be off from work and we watch the fireworks because they're just soooo pretty!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!

H A P P Y 4 TH E V E R Y B O D Y !!!

DY

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Purza--I'm in Sacramento.

Mrs Rocky2--have a wonderful birthday and 4th of July!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

We obviously we dont have independance day.... but it is me and my wife's 1st anniversary on Sunday (3rd) so we are having a big barbeque!!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

we dont have a 4th of july holiday...but lets face it everyday is a holiday here

over the weekend tho we have....lions v all blacks rugby...eng v australia cricket...and the live8 concert

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Don't forget Henley Royal Regatta - Tij!

• desbah
    desbah

4th of July time to display old glory,do the BB-Q, thing, watch the parade, go see a rodeo and enjoy the fireworks at night. humm...I wonder if my JW mom won't object? Maybe my JW sister will take care of our mother. So I can get out of the house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit