July 4th weekend...any special plans?

by xjwms 31 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

A long hoilday weekend coming up. Any special plans?

In Milwaukee, Summerfest begins, and a bunch here, (those who post) in Wisconsin are going.

What do you like to do. Travel? or, .. be home with a cook out.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

No, I'm Canadian.

• doogie
    doogie
    In Milwaukee, Summerfest begins, and a bunch here, (those who post) in Wisconsin are going

man, i'm jealous. i haven't been to summerfest in years. i heard the pixies were playing it this year. should be cool

guess i'll just stick to beer, hotdogs and then some more beer for my celebration. god bless america.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I plan on Grilling out(I am good with a Grill)

Watch the fire works! Go to the Beach!

My husband and his Band are playing on Sat.

It will be fun...Plus 3 days the The Husband and our kids..I will be in Heaven...or is it Hell?

Brooke

• xjwms
    xjwms

Brooke:

Good plans

Thursday night ... its the BIG BANG, .. down at the Lake Michigan shore.

Major, ... Major, ... fireworks. Ya its going to be a loud weekend.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Yeah, when my kids get older I will take them where the real fire works are!

HAVE FUN!

Brooke

p.s. Why are my little fun smiley's not working? I had a bunch of them to put on here! Weird!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

In my city we are able to purchase fireworks from stands, apparently many cities don't have that luxury. For some reason going to the firework stand is more fun to me than lighting them, kind of like going to one of those expensive huge candy shops that have everything.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Going to see the Macy's fireworks.

Just found out we'll have to sit outside the UN!? (scared to be there on that day)

• Valis
    Valis

This is what I will be doing on 4th of July while I am visiting with my kids and doing a bit of fishing.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer "Kaboom Town" Class

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

My town has a big 4 day event called Heritage Days; it's very small-town, Americana, Norman Rockwell kinda stuff. I'll be working my tuckus off at my store, selling hot dogs, sodas, and cigarettes to the masses. I hope, though, to get a little time out to wander around, get some cotton candy, and see the fireworks.

Oh, and they've hired as entertainment this local guy who is an Elvis impersonator. COOL! He's very talented and puts on a great show, although he looks nothing like the King (he's African American.) I'll close the shop to catch this guy's performance, it's worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit