Mental breakdown blamed on demons

by toladest 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Ain't the new light dispensed by the FDS grand?

It would be really comical except for the fact that they ruin so many lives.

• Netty
    Netty
    She just had a baby, and she did not want to have to start over.

Guess the intellectual geniuses over at the withtower, have never heard of post-partum-depression.

The other really bizzare thing that happened in that incident was that all the "nursing mothers" got together and took shifts nursing her baby while she was in the hospital. My mom was one of them. I thought that was really wierd.

I agree, that is too weird.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Mental breakdowns have been blamed on demons by many groups and cultures throughout history. JWs aren't unique in that, but the stories you told--wow--they sound like something out of the Middle Ages! Going through people's belongings and all...what nutcases.

The other really bizzare thing that happened in that incident was that all the "nursing mothers" got together and took shifts nursing her baby while she was in the hospital.

That is disturbing beyond words, at least it is to me.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

"can we say post- partum depression?" JW's are such dweebs.... glad to be away from such stone-aged nitwits.

~Hill

• greendawn
    greendawn

This fear of the demons shows how emotionally vulnerable and insecure the JWs are in their collective psychology and how they can't see some very obvious down to earth possibilities for mental problems.

They are out of date, in the past people thought of epilespy as demon caused whereas it's all down to a brain defect.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    Recall, though, that the Bible tells of an ill woman who "had been put to many pains by many physicians and had spent all her resources and had not been benefited but, rather, had got worse." Only Jesus Christ was able to heal her.

ok...so apparently some people have forgotten the fact that this incident took place like say.....THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO??!!! i mean, c'mon people...it's not like the poor woman could have just run down to her friendly neighborhood walgreens and picked up a prescription or anything. people died from getting diarrhea back then...it kills me how they make it into such a big deal. and i believe that jesus was the davey crockett of biblical times. i'm sure he was a groovy dude, but i think that some of the things he did got blown out of proportion over thousands of years, such as raising the dead and miraculous healings and whatnot.

the elders told me that i had demons. i was a self mutilator for many years and they blamed it on my lack of faith in jehovah and the demons that i let enter into my brain. they blamed my psychologist too, saying that i was probably picking up demons from the crazy people in his office. funny...i never got better until i left my mothers house and the troof.

luv, jojo

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Why is it disturbing that other nursing mothers breast fed the womans baby? Sorry I don' find this disturbing! I find it rather sweet - its happened for thousands of years. just because its not common now what is the problem?

(Crumpet of the breastfed until nearly 4 class)

• upside/down
    upside/down

I'm still "breast" feeding...is that not PC?

u/d (of the loves breasts in his face class)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Crumpet, I can't speak for the other poster of course but for me I'm squeemish about everything to do with breastfeeding. Also, I worked at a hospital that studied sharing breastmilk and found it to be unsafe from an infection control standpoint.

• metatron
    metatron

Good God, what idiots. Post partum hits the nail on the head

Funny, isn't it - how demons never seem to transform Witnesses into Lex Luthor - or Einstein. This is what started

me questioning the whole 'demon' concept. Funny too, that when you actually read channeled literature, they

usually emphasize tolerance, compassion, understanding and love above all.

is this organization getting too stupid to live or what?

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit