WILL MY CHILDREN DIE ??

by dontnowat2believe 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Celia
    Celia

dontnowat2believe

Yes at some point your children will die.......... 80 or 90 years from now....... As everybody else dies....... That's life ! Nothing we can do about it ......

I was told by a JW lady who was visiting almost weekly (it was before the Millenium, somehow she seemed to believe that the end would come before 2000) and trying hard to convince me to convert to her screwed up sect, that my then 3 year old little boy would soon die, because I refused to accept ""The Troof"" ..... That's when I started to do some serious research about the JW sect.... and so should you

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I can think of more unethical things that other religions have have affected children:

Adonijah,

Technically, you are correct. However, are you trying to justify this person's actions by saying that it's okay since there are some things that are worse?

This type of twisted reasoning, publicly displayed, weakens your position and makes you look the fool. Is it also okay for a JW to drink himself silly every night and abuse and neglect his family because someone out there who is not a witness is worse? Sickening.

Jean

• dontnowat2believe
    dontnowat2believe

Im thinking of changing my name from, dont no wat to believe, to, things r becoming clearer. What do u think ?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Adonijah: I never said that unethical things haven`t happened in other religions (and yes, also to children). But Jehovahs Witnesses are still one of the sect with the most discusting unethical perspective in the history of religion: The honestly BELIEVE (and they see NO ethical problems with it) that GOD is going to kill many millions of innocent children because their parents refuse to become JWs. And they even TELL their children that this is going to happen...there is no censorship to the eyes and ears of the children, they all participate on meetings from the day they are born! Even infants are brought to meetings! JW-kids that are intelligent and perceptive, are aware of the facts of Armageddon from an early age. This is even more unethical than in Islam, in which the children are also taught about Armageddon, although the paradise there is heavenly, not earthly: However, in Islam, it is not the pillar of the religion, and not emphasised as much as in JW. What we are discussing here, is the ethics of the basic teachings of the religion, not the actions taken by participants of the religion! And discussing it on these terms makes JWs perhaps one of the most unethical religions in the world!

(and the Kristallnacht had very little to do with religion, by the way...)

• Celia
    Celia
    Im thinking of changing my name from, dont no wat to believe, to, things r becoming clearer. What do u think ?

much better.... but still too long

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I totally agree with KLS, my blood is beginning to boil right now. When no other tactic works, the JWs resort to guilt. And where's the best place to do that, with our children, of course. I went thru this with my mom a couple weeks ago. When no other argument would work, she brings up I'm the reason my daughter and granddaughter will "die very soon". "How did that make me feel"?? An earlier post said it well, I'd rather bring my family up "normally", than as a Jehovah's Witness. Even if I THOUGHT the JWs were right!

BUT, we know they are far from right. What kind of God/religion would use fear and terrorize children? How do you think hearing that kind of trash makes them feel? I know that MY god would never use those tactics. He is a loving god and only wants the best for me and my family.

I had to finally tell my mom to have a nice life. I happen to like where I am with my beliefs today. So, she's limited with the contact she is allowed with my child. My child is 21, and pretty vocal about it.

We all have to die sometime. They've been saying the "A" will be here very soon. And it's 25 years later....and still the same babble.

shelley

• dontnowat2believe
    dontnowat2believe

I think that the big A is a just a tool to instill fear in the jws. The fact that this is one of the first stories that you are told as a child I think is to install a fear so great that they hope it will never leave you, thus making you stay. I cant understand how a supposedly god fearing people would not think about the psychological effect that this would have on a child. I remember as a child when a jet would go over head or there was thunder or a train go by it would terrify me I would be in bits, scared. The delibrate pratice of terrifing little children in to submission is sick, I hope that soon something is done to stop this kind of abuse, for the sake of the kids.

Pete

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

dontknowhatobelieve, I had that thing to, with the jets. And my first anxiety panic was a new years eve at the age of 13, with all the fireworks going off over my head. God, this is so weird, it seems JW-upbringings have almost the exact same psychological effects on everyone. So strange.

• dontnowat2believe
    dontnowat2believe

Hello hellrider,

Its nice to know after 15 years of feeling like a freak that my child hood experiences are not that uncommon. Every now and then one will still catch me off gaurd though. Fucking mind control.

Pete

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No need to concern ourselves about something that is not going to happen.

Armageddon, as you say is a big scare tactic. Would you worry if somebody said that the 'Big Bad Wolf was coming to carry you away? That is about the level of this threat.

Let the dubs believe it if they will. It gives them a sense of smug superiority. But they will see one day , when old age eventually takes its grim toll on them the same as everbody else, "It did not come after all"

Perhaps they will feel silly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit