WILL MY CHILDREN DIE ??

by dontnowat2believe 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Dontno

Hi and welcome to JWD.

The respose from your brother is a well known JDub tactick to force you back to the cult. It is a "when all else fails" tactick. There is no way you would ever want you kids to suffer. And, the guilt of knowing your actions would cause that pulls many parents back into a cult.

It is unethical in the extreme.

You sound like you still believe in the possibility that the Watchtower organization may be correct, and the big "A" is "just around the corner". So, I'll give you a little advise if I may.

Firstly, - YOUR CHILDREN ARE NOT GOING TO DIE AT ARMAGEDDON!! This whole teaching is a misrepresentation of the scriptures.

Secondly, - Keep in contact with us here at JDW and when ANY fears like this occure, post them and talk to some of the members here. You'll be surprised at the similarity of experiences to yours. In the late sixties, my mother difted away from the Watchtower organization and had an elder visit her and said that her actions will cost the lives of her children. She went back.

Thirdly, - Do a little research on the Watchtower organization. When you start to look at its history, infulences, how the control has changed, where they got/get their doctrines from, how much money they are worth and how much they make, what the Watchtower corperations primary goals are, who they have and do associate with, then you'll start to see them for REAL.

Fourthly, - Just stick around here are read post and join in for some fun and/or research.

I hope this helps you a little

Take care

steve.

PS. Just to reiterate it [Your children ARE NOT going to die at Armageddon!

• Adonijah
    Adonijah

I can think of more unethical things that other religions have have affected children:

If you are not a "Christian" your going to burn in hell (for eternity non the less)...

The "Children's Crusades"

Kristnact (excuse my German spelling)...

The Inqusition and Reformation

The abortion of millions of children, both by religion and secular authority.

My suggestion, Read you copy of the bible and fiqure it out for yourself...

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:My suggestion, Read you copy of the bible and fiqure it out for yourself...

And, respectfully, my suggestion is to throw your Bible out.

GBL

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Adonijah,

With deepest respect, just becuase other religions / organizations / and cults have done and do terrible things to children and families is NO excuse for defending the Watchtower corperations "persuasive" tacticks.

steve

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***Sounds like the Jehover's Witnesses are threatening you and your family with death if you don't join their religion.

***A real nice bunch aren't they.

Yeah Else, that's the way to warm the hearts of others. Their "message of love" sure makes ya wanna sign up ASAP doesn't it?

***And how can they justify this, you cant make children responsible for thier perants actions.

Dontno,

They CAN'T justify this. They just spout this out as fact when indeed it is not. Scare Tactics that's all. Works on some people---doesn't work on others!

*** How would a jw kid feel if he was towing the line but knew his perants were just crusing, would all his efforts just lead to his death ?

The fact that most of the JW beliefs are myths, this isn't going to happen so the question doesn't apply! It would be interesting to see how a JW would answer this though!

The mere fact that this false assumption about all this, and that it brings UP more questions than it answers......is just one more piece of insanity that the JWs claim is "from God".

Don't give this another thought!

hugs,

Annie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I was driving in my brothers car with him about 5 years ago (hes now an elder), we were in the middle of a row when he turned to me and told me that when I die at armageddon that I dont need to worry because he said he will look after my kids

Hi, dontnowat2believe.

It is exactly this type of evil thinking that convinces me that these people do not know the true meaning of love, and therefore cannot possibly have 'Gods' blessing.

Can't you see it? Fear is the only effective weapon that these people have and they use it often.

It is designed to put you into the 'what if' mindset and make you doubt your own reasoning abilities because the picture that they paint is so horrible you are forced to consider it. This is especially true if you do not know enough about what the Bible says to tell them they have it wrong.

Bottom line is that they are duped. The Bible does not teach what they say it does. You are in no way putting your children in harms way by blowing the witnesses off for the nutters they are. And, this mans actions and words are so cruel that I hope you never put your children in harms way by allowing them to have anything more to do with him or his 'witness' cronies.

It's no way to grow up; I know since I've been there.

Jean

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

That fear sent me into massive anxiety attacks after I left. However, I took a deep breath, went to therapy for about a year, and I'm feeling MUCH better now.

Look at it this way: If there is an all-powerful Creator with compassion and love, don't you think he/she/it is wise enough to look at you and understand WHY you aren't one of Jehovah's Witnesses? And with that understanding think it's okay? Supposedly we were created in God's image, with the ability to reason for ourselves, but what's the point of having that reasoning ability if we don't use it?

It's a beautiful world out there (Red Ozone Alert Days notwithstanding) and I have learned to enjoy each minute of every day (well, most of them). And I'm okay with the idea that this might be all there is. If so, I hope I will make a small difference while I'm here, help all I can, and teach my children those values. The rest is up to them.

Welcome to the board, by the way!

Nina

• dontnowat2believe
    dontnowat2believe

Hello everyone and thanks for your comments,

hi stevenyc, and thanks for your advise. Ive had little or no contact with the jws for 15 years now I have managed to purge my mind of most of the lies that were taught me, its just that this one, coming from my brother really got hold of me, its proberbly the only the one thing left in my mind that i havent "made peace" with. It has really started to become clear to what low levels these people will go to try and make you stay, no its not to make you stay as much as they want you to feel in fear, to not feal good enough, well guess what, fuck them Ive got their number. They want you to fell as guilty and as low as possible, they will go to any and all extremes to make you comply, I hate what they have done to me, i hate what they have done to my family, they ruined me for alot of years and even now when I think i have it all behind me i can feel the anger, the absolute bloody rage that these people have ruined some many people lives without so mush as a thank you or fuck off, nothing, you have to walk away leaving your family behind ****%%#$#%$#%%^^&^&^&*^^&^^*()*(*((*(&^^&****** (uncontrolable anger). Sorry about that i didnt realise that was still in there.

Pete

P.S The funnest thing is that i was collered by a jw who was the closest preson i had ever none, he convinsed me to let him come round or a chat, nothing heavy he said so i agreed, we had broadband installed a few days later and i started to look up sites like this one, he came round and i told him if he could explain the two witness rule and the un thing i would talk to him. I havent seen him since. I know some of this off the subject but if you the keep the genie in the bottle for 15 years he's gonna explode.

Oh yeah sorry about my french.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

To assure you once and for all about the horrors of this sect, let me explain it like this: IF I could have had a choice, and let`s for arguments sake say that the JWs are right about Armageddon (of course they aren`t, this is just hypothetical): Knowing what I know now, with the psychological damage growing up in JWs has caused me, IF I could have chosen between being born into a normal non-JW-family, having a normal upbringing, and then to die in Armageddon, I would have preferred that to the alternative: An upbringing with an insane mother, obsessed about demons and Armageddon ("it`s right around the corner, it`s right around the corner I tell you, now go get dressed for the meeting!"), feeling different from the others at school, looking around at my classmates in class, thinking that "God is going to kill you all, cause your parents aren`t JWs"...fantasising vividly about how Armageddon is going to be like allready at the age of seven...

...yes, I sure would have preffered option nr.1.

• Netty
    Netty

Of course its not true!! It's just one of many, awful, FALSE lies that are promoted by the JW's Its a way to control you. I have been told the same thing by my mother, that I am going to die at Armegeddon, and because I am not "serving Jehovah" that my children would to.

I know it can tear you up to hear this garbage. It is so friggin cruel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit