If You Were Never A Witness-----You Would've........??????

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• skyman
    skyman

I would have gone to college and had a whole lot less Bull sheet to have gone through in my life.

• Dustin
    Dustin

I would have had a hell of a lot more fun, and played a lot of highschool sports.

• Ellie
    Ellie

enjoyed my childhood

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

sad faces in my post above...it made me sad thinking about not having my wife & kids.

• Purza
    Purza

Went to college right out of high school instead of marrying my future ex.

Purza

• Honesty
    Honesty
    If You Were Never A Witness-----You Would've........??????

Never been intimidated by a bunch of loser window washers who have no idea what it is like to be in a spiritual paradise.

• minimus
    minimus

Absolutely NO emphasis is put on education, growing, learning, experiencing ANYTHING that is normal, aka "worldly"!

• luna2
    luna2

I would have continued my college education (I'd just gone back when I started studying with JWs...dammit).

I would have not given up my YMCA membership. (I'd been taking exercise classes and doing great with getting in shape...kind of all came to a screeching halt after I was informed that good dubs did not belong to the Y).

I would have allowed both my sons to be involved in more school/sports activities and made sure I helped them to make a game plan for their future.

I would not have moved to CT to work with my parents. (I thought the Holy Spirit was directing me...what a dumbass!)

I would have dated actual men like a normal, healthy woman instead of bottling everything up inside and pretending to be a nun for 20 years.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I would have hopefully received some counseling on how to deal with my dysfunctional nutty parents and my lack of self-esteem.

• xjwms
    xjwms

WOW Minimus

This is something I ' ve been thinking about for a while now. I know I would have never met my wife. I would have had a much different

life. I know for a fact that family would have been my main association, and most of my family had been in the tavern & resort bussiness.

I have aways wanted to have a bar business. With food and night club, or fine dining. As a JW this was a big, ... no no.

My very first real job was setting up banquets, weddings, bar supplys for a major hotel in my area. I was good at it. And enjoyed working.

Because of the selective service and the vietnam war, I was a pioneer, to have the ministry stats. and gave up the fine dining goals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit