PBS special " Knocking " info.

by Tigerman 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

His Mom is the only JW., in a Catholic family, why not more including himself if he is pro witnesses?

• DocBob
    DocBob

Do we know how they got federal funding? Which federal institution is funding them?

Just some thoughts:

I can't imagine how a federal agency can fund a film that promotes a particular religion without running afoul of the establisment clause of the First Amendment.

If the makers of this film will not present both sides of the JW story, I wonder if their federal funding could be rescinded or someone could apply for an equal amount of federal funding to present the other side.

• shera
    shera

Kinda reminds me of the film purple triangles...perhaps.

• bebu
    bebu

As I recall, at least one of the directors has a JW background, although never baptized. Seems he is just trying to make a point about the effects on society due to the court cases with the WTS.

The interns are likely going to be a lot more sympathetic than the directors, I think. I don't know how much say they'll have in changing any content of the film, however.

bebu

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

According to the e-mail I got from Joel Encardio, the director of the"Knocking" project, no one on the staff is a JW, however, his mother is a Witness. And, he says they have JW's as consultants so that the film will be accurate in its protrayal of the org. Ummmm. They also have medical, historical and academic people who are consulting who are not JWs.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Has anyone else received an e-mail from them?

I did, a few days ago. I had emailed them a while back after I read the thread about the documentary. I told them the UN stuff, blahbety blah....basically enough to refute their claim that jws are politically neutral. Then I told them my personal horror story about blood and my experience in treating jw sex abuse victims in a psych facility I used to work at.

I got an email back, like I said, a few days ago. It was from an intern saying my email was "fascinating" and it will be passed onto the producers.

I hope they interview me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit