PBS special " Knocking " info.

by Tigerman 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Just checked my e-mail and found info from the folks who are putting out the " Knocking," PBS special sometime in early 2006.( I signed up to be kept informed.) If you are not acquainted with this film project go to www.knocking.org. They claim to want to give an unbiased view of JW's.

Has anyone else received an e-mail from them?

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

In rereading the e-mail I got from the " Knocking" film project director, Joel Encardo, I think this film is going to lean toward the pro JW side instead of being non-biased. He says " . . .(the film) will be affirming to Jehovah's Witnesses."

It seems to me like they are going to take a very superficial look at a very big problem.

• kls
    kls
    I think this film is going to lean toward the pro JW side

Tigerman ,after looking at the link you posted yes ,it does seem to be pro jw which there is none .

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I just e-mailed the film's project director and asked him to contact Randy at www.freeminds.org if he wanted some real life stories. I know when this subject first came up a few weeks ago many people from JWD contacted him.

I think that they are really going to try to push this film; they're looking for volunteers to " screen" the film locally; will have uncut DVD's for sale and are looking to market worldwide.

• kls
    kls
    I just e-mailed the film's project director and asked him to contact Randy at www.freeminds.org if he wanted some real life stories

Good for you Tigerman,they need to see the real truth.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

They have heard from me too,united we stand

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

A few days ago I received an email response from an intern who said that they had had their eyes opened by reading my mail, and that the contents matched their experiences when a member of an Evangelical Christian group. The intern said they were grateful for the letter and promised to forward it to the directors.

I don't know how much impact it actually will have, but it seemed like it was definitely not a form letter. I hope the directors are able to read and benefit from the letter.

SNG

• Voyager
    Voyager

They heard from us (twice)! First from me, and then from my wife.

• Voyager
    Voyager

Seattleniceguy:

A few days ago I received an email response from an intern who said that they had had their eyes opened by reading my mail, and that the contents matched their experiences when a member of an Evangelical Christian group. The intern said they were grateful for the letter and promised to forward it to the directors.

These are the kinds of experiences I find very encouraging. Good work! I hope further contact will continue.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Please, will someone who has influence with these guys persuade them to read Crisis of Conscience as part of their research.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit