boss

by Cupcake 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Netty
    Netty

Gosh cupcake, you poor thing. What are you planning on doing? Are you going to quit?

• Cupcake
    Cupcake

not without havin a job lined up.... a co worker told me that he advice him not to keep things from me regarding a new business hes sterring up you see hes been working on this project and leaving me totally out of it... cuz mainly im doing everything already.... this will just be more for me to do.... tell me something what do you think about this>

Before i started workin for him i told him i wanted insurance( health) he gave that to be with a salary comparable to what i was getting at another job.....two months ago he let the insurance expire( lack of payment leavin me with no insurance) finacially he said he couldnt afford it....without warning.... that was 300 dollars a month..... dont you think i got demoted... i mean i have no insurance now and im still doing all that im doing and im kinda like a cut on pay you know? whats your fed back.... besides dealing with all the g rief

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Start looking for another job...you owe your boss nothing other than a 2 week notice.

Josie

• Cupcake
    Cupcake

think anyone would want to hire a 46 year old?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Cupcake if you know your stuff why the hell not?

Josie

• Cupcake
    Cupcake

just ensecure i guess plus its sux to start all over. but im a survivor ive done it all so far by myself ....it s just the thought if its hard for people young and with a education to get a job.... imagine me

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I've had exactly the same situation. At first I was too polite to say anything, but eventually I got sick of it and just went for public humilation. I told him queitly the first couple of times not to touch me and then when he carried on doing it and once slapped my bottom with a ruler as I was bending to get something I shouted very loudly - "Don't you dare do that ever ever again." Unbeknownst to me his bosses were paying a site visit that day and were walking past our office. He was mortified and never did anything again apart from ocassionally tell me how much he loved me and why was I so cruel, which I just ignored.

Stand up for yourself as publically as possible. People in an office love to see the under dog stand up for themselves.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Did I hear that right?....small companies are federally exempt from sexual harassment claims?....I am not being rude but the law is behind the times here surely...so the rule is: If you are a small business you can harass your coworkers....thats disgusting...

Crumpets advice is probably the best way to tackle it if thats the case but get some advice nonetheless.

I still cant get over it though....in the UK it doesnt matter how small or large your employer is you have rights...my firm has just represented a female employee in almost identical circumstances and we have managed to secure her near enough £40k plus a reference and the facts were no where near as bad as Crumpets experience above i.e physical.

Hope this resolves itself....shame there is nothing you can do to challenge the law in your area...get some advice either way is my advice.

DB74

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    small companies are federally exempt from sexual harassment claims

No Diamond I dont think that is really true. I'd have to look it up but I really doubt that is true. Cupcake needs to stand up to her boss if she really wants that job, or look for another job, and go to legal aid (which is free) and get some legal advice on the sexual harassment laws in California.

Josie

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Just make it known that you will take action if he continues to harass you. Has he always been like this toward you or has he just recently started with his crap. And surely there is some employment gazette or something in place that gives you an idea on your leagal standing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit