boss

by Cupcake 35 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

You are certainly right you give your time and effort and they pay you for it and you owe them nothing, they need you (to do a necessary job) as much as you need them to employ you.

I don't know what the rules are like in the USA but in the UK someone like him is guilty of harassment against the staff. You shouldn't let him think that he's got leverage over you due to age or whatever. He sounds like a very immature person.

• Cupcake
    Cupcake

imature and like mega old well not mega old but old enough to know better ... by him making the remarks as he does he makes me feel like a cheap piece of meat. UGGGGG so depressing I wish my Dad were alive he would beet the holly crap outta this awful person

• greendawn
    greendawn

What can you do or say so that he won't think that you are vulnerable, a soft target?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Hi all hows it going . im having problems with my boss.... i dread going to work theres always some drama ging on there hes in my business all the time personal that is... he makes comments to others about how im private stock and so on and so forth yet denies hes even doing anything wrong. he gets mad if i talk to others (Males) at the work place and also gets upset when i get phone calls (males) ive been with the company for about 6 years i am a hard worker all see this around me yet he treats me like crap what should i do?

The first thing I would do is learn about something called punctuation. That will facilitate clearer communication.

About your work situation, you need to follow your company’s policy regarding grievances. I would imagine this would entail bringing your dissatisfactions to the attention of your boss first. If he’s treating you in an unequal way to the guys, you certainly have a case for sexual discrimination. Keep in mind, however, that receiving excessive personal calls at work, regardless of gender differences, is not considered proper in most any professional environment, and requesting that such calls be limited is not being unreasonable.

Also, if you are talking excessively with other workers, you might not be entirely focused on your job. You didn’t give much detail in this regard, aside from saying you’re a hard worker. That may well be true, but I’ve never known a person to say they are not a hard worker. Keep this in mind should you wish to take this further through the grievance process. You’re going to need something concrete. These are just a few random thoughts.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I see you've detailed your situation further, and it certainly sounds like sexual harrasment. Don't be afraid to walk away from any job. If your employer senses this fear, they're more likely to abuse you. Also, don't be afraid to get some legal advice. If you let his behavior go, he'll likely continue with the next woman who works for him.

• Cupcake
    Cupcake

calls are not even personal its business its from a counselor a student its just weird and i feel so uncomfortable and now hes got people believing we got something going on because of his attitude. Everyone around sees all the work i do i make sure the job is done im not bragging on that fact there are people there that slack off big time and he tells them nothing but is always keeping a eye on me its been told to me by others there that he looks as if he has an obsession with me. its scary and sick

• greendawn
    greendawn

So he's got a crash on you and he's jealous, what's your strategy to face this challenge successfully?

• Netty
    Netty

There was another thread about this same kind of thing, just a couple of days ago. So sick how common it is. You know what, sometimes I think these pervs are just pushing to see what they can get away with. I wonder, if you told him to back off or else, (and yea, why not threaten to tell his wife) if he would leave you alone. It could happen.

What is the organizational structure of this school? Everyone has a boss, is he really the head honcho, or does he answer to someone that you could report this to, or threaten to report this to?

• Frog
    Frog

Babe, don't put up with this sort of crap from this guy. He's in a position of responsibilty and he's abusing his power. I used to put with this sort of crap all the time, came from being a naiive jw girl, taught to respect your elders, especially men. Don't put up with it. It's not worth rocking the boat too much, cause you've been there 6years you need good reference. Get out now before you get too fired up and want to slog him one in the balls frog

• Cupcake
    Cupcake

so like today i go to work and totall ignore everyone that was around me i started to take pictures and stuff down from my office and my boss tells me if i wanna talk.... ( u see i spoke with him already friday and he just lies and lies threw everything) so I said I have nothing to tell u ... "why am I not doing my job"/...... he said yes come to my office we need to talk still looking at pictures and stuff missn from my office ( i really think he thinks im gonna quit... any ways he comes in 5 min later and said if im at a stopping point in my work that i may leave early ( he never lets me leave early)... i say kewl pack my stuff he comes back in the office all with a puzzled look...... i ask " you said i could go home... right????? he said yes. i said good cuz im going bye!!! oh by the way he is the boss and owner of the business..... and right now even to look at him erks me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit