A Challenge For FunkyDerek... My Experiences With The Afterlife

by FMZ 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Google:
    You're wrong. There WAS an invisible apple on the table, but I ate it. It was delicious

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

lol. i cannot prove you wrong, so it must be right. if you'r comming was invisible too, that is, because i haven't seen you around.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Less about the invisible coming, this is a family place - but a word to the wise; don't sit there....

...too late

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Aahhh Evil toe you naughty boy.

How many times do I have to tell ya.

Keep that up and ya go blind!!!!

Outoftheorg

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So THAT'S why I can't see it!!!!!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Sirona:

I told my husband beforehand, plus I told one other person (the cousin) before the gift was known about.

Therefore all three of us must have distorted memories of it.....if your "false memory syndrome" thing was true. I know that my husband related this experience to someone fairly recently, and I was suprised because he is a natural skeptic, but he still remembered all the details despite the fact that is happened about 6 years ago.

That would certainly lessen the likelihood of the memories being false, although it would not eliminate it completely. Repeated recollections and discussions of events can easily distort people's memories. I have no way of knowing how much this has happened in your case. There are, of course numerous other possibilities as well. My preferred natural explanation would be a combination of coincidence, intuition and false memory. Perhaps you knew your husband's grandmother was ill, or the last time you had seen her you could see that she hadn't much time left. It then becomes much less of a coincidence that you had your experience around the time of her death. The gift, I believe, is just a coincidence - it's not that unusual for dying people to leave things to their family. While you probably envisioned a gift, the details may have been filled in when the real gift was found, slightly altering your memory of the vision.

One interesting thing was that you did not find the gift, nor did anybody look for the gift because of you. The gift would have been found without you, and had it been left to you, it would never have been found. As a message from beyond, then, it wasn't very useful.

Also, the fact that this happened six years ago and you chose to recount it here would suggest that experiences of this magnitude do not happen to you very often. Have you ever had any "misses" that you recall, i.e. visions where you later found out the person wasn't dead, or premonitions of events that didn't happen?

For the record, I swear I told the truth in my account of what happened.

I never doubted that for a second.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

outoftheorg,

EVIDENCE. If he can't give it, it must not be true.

absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence. i don't like to actually go so far as to say that one's experience is obviously not true. but i like to draw attention to probabilities based on a absence of evidence. this is not saying that the person is wrong, 100%. it is just maintaining the lack of belief because of the absence of evidence.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Double Edge:
    While I believe the world is full of fakes trying to fool people into believe something that's not there, I also know from experience that there is indeed an afterlife.

Have you accidentally transposed the first instance of the word "believe" with the word "know" or is that really what you meant to say? It would make a lot more sense if you had written: "While I know from experience the world is full of fakes trying to fool people into believe something that's not there, I also believe that there is indeed an afterlife."

Thanks F.D. for the grammer lesson. I'll be 'eternally' in your nit-picking debt. Correction: "While I know (from experience) that the world is full of fakes...." blah, blah, blah

Assuming you meant what you wrote though, how do you "know" the afterlife exists, as opposed to the more normal believing?

Through a most profound and personal experience.

How do you distinguish a real spirit from a clever fake?

Say what? A 'real' spirit as opposed to a 'fake' spirit, and a clever one at that? ...... hmmmm Have you assumed that I was somehow a part of a seance? .... If so, you've assumed wrong.... nothing like that. The experience leads to only one conclusion.

I've learned from being on this board that it doesn't matter what one experiences, others can only truly relate with what they've experienced ... otherwise they tend to dismiss it, because they haven't experienced the reality of the event....

Only when it comes to the supernatural. I fully believe - hell, I know - that Australia exists, even though I've never been there. I have no problem with other people believing they have been to Australia, or been in contact with someone there, even though I never have. There is no obvious reason why the afterlife should be any less accessible than Australia. Most of our best scientists are there, you'd think they could have invented a better way of communicating if they're interested in doing so.

LOL..... yeah, those brainyacks should have cracked the code by now..... but maybe they're not "interested in doing so". Maybe the few moments we exist in this mortal existence means absolutely nothing to them in their present endeavors....

I only know what I've experienced.... it means nothing to anyone else, but it means clarity and everything to me.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

I believe one would have to have an experience themselves in order to firmly ‘believe’ the happening to be true. It is something that simply ‘rings’ true in your mind and life. Should we ignore such experiences when they can have such a strong impact on our lives by convincing ourselves what happened is not possible? On the other hand the inexperienced, so to speak, certainly have no basis on which to believe such things/events are real unless it happens to them. Things of this nature are very personal and individual. These events seem to just happen and cannot be contrived for scientific examination. I'll now add, IMHO :). Personally I would love to set up the the scientific equipment to read the events as they are happening, we just are not there yet...

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Sapien

In your last post, I see you used the word PROBABILITIES.

I in an earlier post, also used this word.

In the end, all that either side is able to produce are Probabilities and Possibilities.

Neither side proved anything and we still lurk in the relm of the unknown.

But it is a relm of interest to both parties.

It is obvious that we really would like to know, without a doubt, Is there an afterlife??

Been nice talking with you Sapien.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit