A Challenge For FunkyDerek... My Experiences With The Afterlife

by FMZ 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FMZ
    FMZ

I agree that there are coincidences, and that there are other possible explanations for things. The question I am asking is what could explain these people knowing these facts that were extremely valid at that point in our lives.

I guess it is all to do with belief system. And none of you could possibly understand just how relevant and accurate the facts given were at that point in time to us. It wasn't about stuff that had happened within my 20 year life span, it was what was going on in my life right there right then. Same went for Sarah's reading.

I could guess certain events in people's lives, even make up a generic relative, but the facts given were not blurry, all very accurate. I dunno... maybe you guys are right, maybe you have to want to believe. I certainly do.

KJ

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    And none of you could possibly understand just how relevant and accurate the facts given were at that point in time to us.

true.

I certainly do.

this is very honest of you. LittleToe once said to me that he had no desire to prove subjective experiences. and this is very honest too. i can't help but respect honesty like that. you can still have the experiences, and they can be very real to you, and who knows, maybe in some strange way, they are real. but keeping one's head about how real they should be to other people, is where honesty comes in.

cheers,

TS

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm just going to pick up one point of note, that being that the examples surely were double-blind. Neither psychic nor person spoken of were known by the individuals in the midst of the experience. It took third parties, who weren't present, to positively ID the "spirit".

I should also add that my own belief-system doesn't involve contacting the dead, so I have nothing to gain either way, in this discussion. I know of the experiences because Keith and I have discussed them just once, immediately after they had both of them (last year, if I recall correctly). He hasn't embellished them at all, which is a good sign of his intellectual honesty.

At that point I'll bow out

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Anything like this makes me think of Derren Brown. He's amazing.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

may i add another experience:

i had huge problems with my partner, we had all this fighting going on, because of this i did some stupid things like flirting with other women, which led to more problems.

then in the assembly there was a talk about flirting, there also was a talk about how to improve ones family-life. it was dead right on. described my situation. then there was even a WT article about it and it was like it would have been written for me.

this proves that the WTBTS has god's spirit and is god's visible organization. doesn't it?

i think you get my point. the keyword to keep in mind is "generic". "family" is such a wide term... now if that guy told you that "your grandfather had two dogs, one was a huge brown boxer named bello and the other one a black pitbull with white eartips named charlie" then that would be interesting. but still there would be the question: who cares about the dogs? tell me something useful, old man, not that some long gone dogs are ok...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Google:Have you considered that the dead may have a different perspective on what's important?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

google - your points are spot on - I used to be convinced that it was God's organisation because of same reasons - "food at the proper time" etc.

Absolutely everything that the two Pyschics in the experiences related could have applied to me, probably with more accuracy and certainty than they applied to Keith - except you would subsitute the word "motherly" for "fatherly".

I am also puzzled why it would be that people you never knew would come forward to contact you from the other side. Why wouldn;t people who really knew you and loved you come back to say hi and if they knew you really well they could tell you something so personal about you or your relationship with them that no one else could possibly know it.

crumpet

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

Have you considered that the dead may have a different perspective on what's important?

never thought of it, but maybe they only have the urge to communicate. must be damn boring on the other side so people you never knew would come around to contact the medium in the church you're just attending. if death by boredom is possible, this would definately be called the "second death"...

could you provide some scientific material on the priorities of dead people? ;-)

• stevenyc
  • doogie
    doogie

though I certainly hope it will let you become a little more open minded and encouraged about the great beyond.

i don't consider myself close-minded concerning this stuff, but i am extremely skeptical. there's a big difference.

here are my a couple of my questions:

why does the spirit never give its name? why does it never use yours? are the predictions ever truly falsifiable? (in the first reading, he added that if the dogs had no connection, the reading probably just wasn't for you...the reading itself wouldn't be wrong, just the recipient)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit