A Challenge For FunkyDerek... My Experiences With The Afterlife

by FMZ 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sirona
    Sirona

I think I will interrupt this thread here and give my experience. I'd be interested in explanations to this one! LOL

Firstly, I want to just say that what FMZ said about names does apply, *sometimes* but I've had times when I've been given a very clear name by the spirit who is communicating. For instance, whilst doing a reading for someone recently, I got the name "duncan" very very clearly in my head. I told the person and mentioned that this person Duncan was having relationship problems. The man confirmed that this was his brother in law who indeed was leaving his wife (the readee's sister).

Back to my experience:

One morning I woke up and I hugged my husband, and just as I did so I *knew* that his granny (not dead to my knowledge at the time) had come into the room and was there with us. She showed me a vision of sorts....one where I sensed that she was with all of her family all at once, that she had passed (of course) and that she had a message. She showed me her house, in a split second I saw the rooms of her house (I had never been there, she had moved a few months earlier and lives far from me). She showed me an image of somewhere "high up" and a box which was approximately 12" square, made of cardboard and contained individually wrapped packages in it. I didn't know what this was, but she told me it was a gift that needed to be given.

Shortly after this experience, after I'd told my husband, we discovered that she had indeed died. For the funeral, my husband's cousin stayed with us at our home because she'd travelled from Canada to be there. I told her of the experience but I didn't tell anyone else. Only my hub and the cousin knew of it.

For the funeral we met at Granny's house first and I was secretly scanning the high cupboards to see if I could spot the package. I couldn't see it so I didn't do anything else. A few days later when the cousin was due to return to Canada, we again stopped at Grannys to meet up with other family who were also travelling to their respective homes. As we arrived, they told the canadian cousin that they'd found something in the attic, something that was intended for her. Lo and behold a box as I had described, and inside was a tea set (cups and saucers etc.) and each item was individually wrapped. A**** (the cousin) looked at me in shock because I'd previously told her granny's message. The package was an heirloom that granny had meant to give her for her wedding. The thing is, her wedding never happened, because the groom was tragically killed 2 weeks prior. Granny had kept the gift of course considering the circumstances. But now she had passed, somehow knowing that A**** would stay with us, she decided to tell me about it, so that A**** would know that Granny now wanted her to have it.

Wierd eh?

How did I hallucinate that?

Sirona

• Princess
    Princess

Hi Keith,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I do feel some are legit (I lean towards that with yours) while some (John Edwards) are fake.

I find myself wondering why you would share these experiences in such a way as to open up to skeptics? You obviously find comfort in them, so why let others rip them apart?

None of us will know for sure until we become a part of them in the afterlife. I'm hoping not to know for a very long time.

My mom has had visits from loved ones who have passed. One similar to Sirona's where a very dear family friend visited her in a dream to say goodbye. We were on vacation and she learned the next morning that the friend had died the day of the visit.

Some people are closed to it, some are open.

Cheers!
    Rachel

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Well, one night, I got the strongest feeling that my Grandfather was going to die and he did later that night. Another night, more recently, I *knew* that the Pope's heart had given up (this conincided with what one may call a "vision"). And what do you know, I get home and turn on the TV and the Pope is in heart failure.

Don't know what to think of it, but, as a skeptic, I naturally disbelieve myself. I reason that these strong feelings of death are just coincidences. Unless I have some sort of "supernatural power," even if I do, its rather macabre and I don't want to know when people are going to die.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I am told she was a bawdy one :P

I thought a bawd was a pimp.

TC of the I learned too much about the Revenger's Tragedy Class.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

princess,

None of us will know for sure until we become a part of them in the afterlife.

...in the what?

how do you come by this special knowledge?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Tetra....afterlife is like afterbirth. It's the nasty, slimy remains of our lives after we kick the bucket. LOL

• doogie
    doogie
    Some people are closed to it, some are open.

this is the long and short of it. for those that believe in an afterlife and spirits, there was probably an event that they experienced firsthand which they could only explain as supernatural. after that, it doesn't matter what anyone says...they believe. for those of us that are skeptical, belief will require harder evidence than second hand non-reproducible testimony.

(i don't mean that to sound callous, i just mean that for a skeptic to be converted it will take some mighty evidence)

• FMZ
    FMZ

Princess, good to see ya again :)

I opened myself and my experiences to this because I am confident in my spirituality. lol. Just like a straight guy who is confident in his sexuality can wear a dress as a joke and not be bothered what people think. :P

I seriously just wanted to see how people can twist and turn these events to try to make them fit into their own world view. It seems they think the same of me.

To all, again, please realize that this thread is not here to try to persuade you of the afterlife's existence. Just was interested in your points of view.

I find it very interesting that thus far, no-one has given any notice to Sirona's experience, which will take either a really persuasive argument to pish-posh. Either that or an accusation of dishonesty, and I'm sure we all know Sirona well enough to know she isn't that kind of person. :)

KJ

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

FMZ....
    As far as your's or Sirona's experiences nothing anyone here says will change your minds. From all the posts here do you even slightly question the experience now? I imagine your answer is no...you believe. The power of belief is very strong. In the medical world we have the placebo effect. It's a very strong factor. Simply thinking you are taking meds to make you better is power enough for many. Both deju vu and jamais vu and many other mental tricks the mind plays can be affected with certain meds and brain disorders. Once upon a time these had mystical explanations. Without fully vetting Sirona's experience with a list of questions and postulations I cannot really comment. Of course at the end of the day she will still believe her experience and I will doubt her experience. Neither really benefits either one of us. I'll think she's a looney tune, and she'll think I'm a closed minded arsehole. ( Just kidding ) But you get my drift. It's like the creation / evolution argument....it's not going to get you anywhere and usually only makes people become more entrenched in their positions.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

As this is "my" thread, a few more comments:

Double Edge:

While I believe the world is full of fakes trying to fool people into believe something that's not there, I also know from experience that there is indeed an afterlife.

Have you accidentally transposed the first instance of the word "believe" with the word "know" or is that really what you meant to say? It would make a lot more sense if you had written: "While I know from experience the world is full of fakes trying to fool people into believe something that's not there, I also believe that there is indeed an afterlife."

Assuming you meant what you wrote though, how do you "know" the afterlife exists, as opposed to the more normal believing? You obviously haven't been there as you're still alive. Have you been in contact with entities purporting to be dead? How do you distinguish a real spirit from a clever fake?

I've learned from being on this board that it doesn't matter what one experiences, others can only truly relate with what they've experienced ... otherwise they tend to dismiss it, because they haven't experienced the reality of the event....

Only when it comes to the supernatural. I fully believe - hell, I know - that Australia exists, even though I've never been there. I have no problem with other people believing they have been to Australia, or been in contact with someone there, even though I never have. There is no obvious reason why the afterlife should be any less accessible than Australia. Most of our best scientists are there, you'd think they could have invented a better way of communicating if they're interested in doing so.

Sirona:

For instance, whilst doing a reading for someone recently, I got the name "duncan" very very clearly in my head. I told the person and mentioned that this person Duncan was having relationship problems. The man confirmed that this was his brother in law who indeed was leaving his wife (the readee's sister).

That's quite a coincidence, but I don't think it's a mind-boggling one. Duncan is not that unusual a name, especially in the north of England and Scotland. It can also be a surname, so while there is a big opportunity for a miss here, a hit is not that incredible. If you could do this regularly with a high degree of accuracy, it would be worth investigating.

The granny thing, I don't know. It's certainly spooky and if it happened exactly as you described, would require quite a chain of coincidences. While I don't think for a second that you're telling porky pies, you may be mistaken about the level of detail, the order of events and how much you knew beforehand. Human memory is notoriously unreliable, even though we often think otherwise. If things really did happen as you described, then that may suggest some sort of transmission of knowledge by means not currently known to science. Further tests would need to be done to rule out coincidence, however unlikely that may seem.

Princess:

I do feel some are legit (I lean towards that with yours) while some (John Edwards) are fake.

A lot of people believe John Edwards is the real deal. He seems to give readings at least as convincing as those FMZ described. Given that you know some of these are fakes - good enough fakes to fool thousands of people - how do you tell the real from the fake?

I find myself wondering why you would share these experiences in such a way as to open up to skeptics? You obviously find comfort in them, so why let others rip them apart?

I think it's very brave of FMZ to share his experiences for discussion. A belief that provides comfort is not necessarily true. Some people prefer to know the truth, regardless of whether it is as they would wish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit