just created a site www.jwfacts.com

by jwfacts 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

@jwfacts

I hope I didn't come off as nit-picky or superior. You've done a lot more than most to make the Truth tm confront the truth. I'm more of a research guy and the more I read things even the Society writes, the more pissed off I get at long-time JWs. They should know this stuff and they don't care. I can understand the huge turn-over rate, as people learn more and more about "God's organization" and what it truly represents. The Society is it's own worst enemy and the CD-ROM (as censored as it is) is truly a gift from God for anyone looking for real answers about this cult.

I just finished a paper that I know is too long, but I believe hits some key issues with the main problem. I know no "good" JW would read it, but it's got a lot of great WT quotes that are currently available, so a current JW has easy access to verify the information and won't have to go online and look through pdfs of old magazines, which they've been told are "apostate literature", because they're "old light". I think it might have some quotes and points that are newish and give some good ammo for talking to a JW, even if they'd never read it on their own.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

@ jwfacts, thanks! Your site definitely helped me!

@ wontleave, I see you making your own site... great research!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi jwfacts, I do like your site jwfacts a lot, I am very grateful that you took the time to create and maintain the site, and I have one suggestion. Since many former JWs do not want to be df'ed and do want to email articles that they find on jwfacts, is there a way to email articles to JWs without entering the senders email address? I know that the standard internet convention requires that senders provide their email address, but is there a way to hide the address from the addressee and to hid the addresses of the addressees from each other. More people might send articles from jwfacts to their friends and relatives if they could do it anonymously. The only other option is for senders to have an anonymous email address to enter into the jwfacts email form.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Franklin Massey, that was really encouraging to hear.

Knowsnothing I am glad to hear it helped.

ABibleStudent Some JWs that contact me create a second email address that does not contain their details at all. It is very easy with sites such as google and hotmail to set up an anonymous address (for example [email protected]) and then use that to communicate with others. Alternatively, at the top of jwfacts.com is the Addthis toolbar that allows to post the page onto sites such as facebook or email the page. You can use any email address in the form, even a fictional one.

WontLeave That is a great document, and very powerful with all those quotes placed together. The Simplified Edition of the Watchtower looks like it will become a goldmine of quotes as it presents information without the hidden nuances the Watchtower usually contains. For example, this one is so direct:

"We need to obey the faithful and discreet slave to have Jehovah's approval" Simplified 7/15/2011

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Happy 6th Anniversary, jwfacts.com~!

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks AS, I didn't realise. Wow, 6 years, that is almost forever in internet years. I cannot believe it has been that long. I heard a friend say it takes 10 years to really get over being part of the Watchtower, so a bit to go yet.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Your site is like a 'floatation device' for awakened dubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit