JURY SERVICE

by tijkmo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

whos done it...did you want to..did you try to get out of it..did you enjoy it...

i've always wanted to...got called once but used religious stance as a way out..wish i hadnt now

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

As a Witness I served on a jury. I felt as long as it was not a death penalty case I would have no problem. The rest of the congregation knew and no one said a thing.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    i've always wanted to...got called once but used religious stance as a way out..wish i hadnt now

How does that work?

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I enjoyed jury service. I have been called one time since but was not picked.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Called for jury service last March. Sat around for 2 days and I didn't have to go back to work!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I had jury service and was chosen 10 years ago for an ax murder and drug dealing trial. It was gross and we had to look at a lot of pictures of things I could have lived without seeing.

I have federal jury duty on August 16th...not looking forward to that!

WG

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Me too. I think I was put on a "do not call" list because I have not recieved a summons since.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I have gotten summoned for jury duty and I got out of it because it conflicted with my college classes. I would do it in a heartbeat now.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I've been called for jury service 3 times. I have never sat in on a case, though. My county calls people for jury service twice a year, and you serve for 6 months. They give you a list of dates to call the night before to see if your panel is being called in. I only had to go once. Got a check for 22 bucks for going in for 20 minutes to hear that the case had been thrown out.

• Netty
    Netty

Served one year, and get called back every year like clock work. I get a doctors note and get excused, I'm not into it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit