Would JW's boycott business?

by Fatfreek 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

It doesn't only happen on a local scale. Examples:

Michael Jackson music after Thriller came out

Proctor & Gamble products during the "sun & moon symbols on their logo mean they're witches" scare

John Denver music during the "he's anti-jw" rumors

• Honesty
    Honesty

My only JW customer (thankfully) dropped me as soon as he heard rumors among the local BOE that I was asking questions about the borg that bordered on apostasy.

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

It's scary. I've heard, but have no basis, that things like this happen around major Mormon population concentrations, along with Amish, et al.

Sounds like human nature.

• minimus
    minimus

Well, if you're df'd---a faithful JW will have nothing to do with you. If it was "necessary business", the elders would strongly "encourage" you to go elsewhere.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

JW's will never officially boycott anything. If they ever printed an article or made a public statement regarding a particular product or service and such statement proved to be untrue they could be sued for billions.

The only way to start a JW boycott is for the CO to tell an elder a piece of gossip (i.e. I heard the smurfs are demonized) and have his pass this tidbit on to his wife. Rest assured the entire congregation will know, and be boycotting smurfs, by the end of the month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit