Up to our elbows in Newbs on JWD

by IP_SEC 60 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

I still "feel" like a newbie...

The more the merrier!

u/d (of the Jesus was a "newbie" too class)

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

I'm one of the "newbies".

I only decided to do some research after my mother had to have a major operation to see what was really siad about the blood thing by the medical experts. I found a number of sites related to JW's, and this one seemed the most interesting, well balanced & generally rational [not drooling, bug eyed, ranting anti JW].

I leaned stuff from here I had never even realised about the JW's and hell I just got hooked. I went from being a neutral fade out, to a more polarised postion; against! You will find me raising topic's that will be fun to raise with JW's just to let the seed of doubt set in. My wife who has never been a JW intially thought from the title of the site that I was looking to get involved again - when I explained the site she was much happier.

By the way I tried to load a photo but no luck [it were scare all children except mine - perhaps thats why it won't upload].

Thanks ..... Jimakazi

• xjwms
    xjwms

I would like to offer a warm welcome to our new

Brothers and sisters. If you are just visiting, we hope you come back,

otherwise, ... welcome to our congreation.

• xjwms
    xjwms

AND

you don't HAVE to out in service.

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

No field service - now there is a plus.

Now if I could only get back the hundreds and hours wasted. I guess in retrospect I'm damn happy I didn't have any sucess in converting people to the borg. And when I left one of my friends left too - to quote him "You always were a thinker, and if it was the truth you would have stayed, so when you left I thought I'm not wasting my time and got out of there".

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I would like to offer a warm welcome to our new Brothers and sisters. If you are just visiting, we hope you come back, otherwise, ... welcome to our congreation.

LOL @ exjwms!! Neat. Oh...I nearly forgot.. Welcome aboard everybody! .....................but don't make too much noise, remember some of us are sleeping! Cheers, Ozzie (permanently upside-down class)

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Some of you already know why I'm here from posts I have made; I came here because my wife is currently involved in the JWs. As for how I found this place, if I remember right, I found freeminds through rickross, and once on freeminds I found the link for here.

• potleg
    potleg

I spent too many years trying to get people "in" (what a waste) Now I want to take an active part in helping people get "out"..and stay out. The Witnesses can lay on a lot of heavy guilt and fear and I want to do my part in tipping the scales in the other direction.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Well if we are counting since January I proudly declare myself to be one of the newbies!

I was bored at work one day and decided why shouldn't I google Jehovah's Witnesses to see what comes up. (Too scared to before because I was scared of all the evil apostates )

But then being the ditz I am it took me another month to realise why I couldn't do anything on the site after I registered. I had problems working out what my user ID was...

I'm getting there but!

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

AND

you don't HAVE to out in service.

Good. And I am glad I don't have to wear a bathing in front of thousands to get baptised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit