Sending letters to all JWs I know.....

by Lilycurly 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

After thinking a lot about it, I just felt I had to at least try something to make the local JWs open their eyes. I know it is most unlikely that any of them will even consider reading all of what I will send, but here's the plan:

I've got a list of all their addresses (that I kept from before). So I want to send an anonymous letter to each household, a very short one, with eye-catching sentences and questions that forces to pose and think. I will provide email links for good anti-JW sites that are not "threatening". And some titles to read, like "Crisis of Conscience". Now all I need is ideas as to what exactly to include...they're are so many things, but kind of long to explain...any suggestions?

I know I would not be one to go picket at assemblies, but I'm very determined to put time and money into this, if it can help even one person.

• rebel8
    rebel8

There's another thread on sending postcards that you might want to check out. Good suggestions there.

I think pretty much any anti-jw site is going to be threatening to them. Suggesting book titles may work, but possibly only for those who are questioning their faith already.

How about focusing on one topic and giving neutral web sites as a reference? Try asking a question instead of making a statement so it is less "threatening" to them. For example:

• "Did you know the WTS joined the UN NGO, agreed in writing to support the UN's goals, and even submitted literature and balance sheets to show their eligibility for that status?" Read about it here..." Then list the sites (don't remember them off the top of my head, but I have them all listed on my site--follow link to "considering becoming a jw" section.)
    • "Did you know the WTS sent a letter to Hitler supporting his efforts?"
    • "Did you know the WTS purchased stock in Rand corporation, a military equipment manufacturer?"
    • "Did you know the WTS asked JWs to pray for a pro-American outcome to World War I?"

If you're sending them out to people who know each other, consider choosing a few different topics and sending them randomly to different people. They may talk to each other about them.

• luna2
    luna2

I like the postcard idea because they don't have to open anything and will most likely read at least some of what is written trying to figure out who it's from. I've received apostate letters before and either recogized who they were from and tossed them out unopened or read two sentances and identified that they were apostate and tore them up. It's a long shot no matter which method you choose.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Lily,

That's a great Idea. I've sent anonymous letters to JW's on a grand scale and was able to open the eyes of two JW's.

• Petruska
    Petruska

Dont want to be negative about you idea but.. they are absolutly blind!

They are afraid!

• Sith
    Sith

Lily, I have nothing to contribute to this thread, other than to say that I really admire and respect your decision on this course of action.

Too many of us ex-JWs have been reactive rather than proactive when it comes to the Borg. I count myself among the reactive ones. Thanks to this forum and some of it's courageous members, I plan to rectify that in the future.

• Swan
    Swan

Try these messages on some the postcards:

Why does the country of Israel's official website say Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed by Babylonia in 586 BC.?
    http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Facts+About+Israel/History/Facts+About+Israel-+History.htm

Why does the Jewish Agency of Israel's website say Jerusalem and the exile started in 587 BC?
    http://www.jafi.org.il/education/100/places/jer.html

What did the UN's official website say about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York? Why don't they want any more letters about the Watchtower?
    http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/watchtower.pdf

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I am going to do the same. Am busy collecting addresses now. Will send somevia e-mail also.

Let s know what reactions you get.

I will keep it very simple and short. I will not put it as a tread like 'do you know...' I do not think that works. I will put it as a question.

Like. Dear brother, I have found on the internet at the official page of the UN that the WTS is part of UN bla bla bla... Is this really true. Why did they do this, as so many of us served in prison for our neutrality. Can you help expain this to me...

Danny

Danny.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Will send somevia e-mail also.

Just a thought on that one - a lot of letters from 'brothers' seem to circulate by emails - one could be done in that format with some subtle info that would seem worth investigating to those of open mind - the rest of the letter would just seem to be standard witness-style.

Dear Brothers -

Our vacation to wherever was a blast. While there we toured Bethel and had a great time Blah -blah - blah.

The kids are doing fine, and the oldest is still pioneering in spite of having her first child now. BLah - blah- blah.

I found some rather odd news when I was researching the UN recently. A search on the official site under Watchtower turned up a press release about that unfortunate matter of the organization becoming a member of the UN in the 90's. I was glad to see it with my own eyes, since I had heard so much about it from Brother Thomas in the city. I am proceeding to get to the bottom of this myself, since I cannot get an 'official' answer on the matter from our Circuit Overseer Brother Paine.

Well, the quick build is proceeding, although I am considering stepping off the RBC for a time, due to my health and that of Alice.

BLah blah blah.

Yours in Jah's service -

Dave

If sent only to those who do not know you personally - [sometimes you can get a list of witnesses off the forwarded jokes that circulate between the witness community as example] - this could work to stimulate thinking perhaps. Just a thought.

Jeff

• greendawn
    greendawn

The wondering dogmas, do they know the difference between increasing light on an issue, and rejecting (old light) for new one; between expanding a concept and discarding and changing it with a totally new one?

They are being grossly manipulated by the "increasing light" concept to hide the fact that the GB are getting so many things (almost everything) wrong, otherwise it's easy to see how incompetent and worthless they are something that would wreck their prestige and authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit