Unplanned pregnancy?!

by JW83 17 Replies latest social family

• JW83
    JW83

This sort of follows on from another thread about having kids.

Is there anyone else out there coping with raising a child from an unplanned pregnancy?

I got pregnant about 18 months after I left the borg & I sure as hell blame my lack of experience/knowledge! It has been a pretty rough ride ...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Fortunately I am very lucky and never got pregnant accidentally or otherwise. I haven't even ever had a serious scare, but then I have been pretty diligent - well after I turned 20 anyway!

However I myself was an unplanned pregnancy. My parents were missionaries (not officially) in Northern Spain at the end of Franco's reign and staying in what they learned later was a brothel. They'd been married only a year when they got very sick with Hepatitis and also discovered that I was on the way.

I personally think they were too young and idealistic to have me and actually that JWs should not really have children at all. I suffered at the hands of their JW inspired idealism by 16 years of constant punishment. Fellow JW friends who came for dinner used to joke that they couldn't recognise me because they never saw me - as I was always in my room being punished for something when they came to visit.

If I were to get pregnant now and I couldn't be absolutely sure that the child would be male, gay, blonde, blue eyed and forever deeply attached to his mother I'd have to have an abortion. Brutal but there it is!

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

"unplanned pregnancy" You mean thereĀ“s planned pregnancy as well?

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Yes, Devin was an unplanned pregnancy but he turned out to be an unplanned blessing...happy accident!!

-April

• rebel8
    rebel8

Heh, heh, Crumpet, you really keep this forum interesting!!! What is a crumpet anyway? Is it something like a cookie?

Do you really want a gay child or are you kidding? I've never heard anyone say that before.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Glad you used unplanned instead of unwanted. My first kid was unplanned and yes it was a struggle especially given our young ages at the time. We decided that staying together for the sake of the child was not a valid reason but nor was separating. I was stuck in the dead end job and my partner, now wife, had to give up any hope of further education. We moved 300 miles away from our families so we could afford to rent a house instead of a single room, we would have been able to get help from our parents I'm sure but we didn't want to start our family life dependant on others. We've struggled, there were times when what we now consider to be every day items luxuries. A lot of help both emotional and financial has come form both sets of parents. All the sacrifices are worth it in the end, my wife will be completing her degree next year, I haven't made it to company director but my job is enjoyable and on Saturday and Sunday mornings my kids slob around in their PJ's watching cartoons on the telly.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon
    What is a crumpet anyway? Is it something like a cookie?

There are two definitions, I'm interested in which one is used

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have 2 kids that were "unplanned".

The first one happened because I mistakenly thought that since I had to use fertility drugs with my first 2 kids my fertility was the same and I would still need help to get pregnant.

What happened was after the first 2 kids my body was like "let's kick this baby making machine into gear!" So my 3rd kid happened and he's a joy.

Then I got an IUD to try and shut this thing down. Got pregnant with the IUD! Had my 4th kid and second unplanned pregnancy and he's a joy too.

After all that I got my tubes tied.

Josie

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

mtbatoon: I think she's a genuine Crumpet with a capital C, as in Ms. Crumpet of Surrey.

(goes without saying that she's also crumpet)

ig.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

As for unplanned arrivals, it's hard enough work when they're planned, so must be tough for you. I hope it gets easier for you in time, JW83. Is there a Mr JW83 around, or are you doing it all by yourself?

ig.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit