needs some opinions & advices

by cookiegirlie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cookiegirlie
    cookiegirlie

hi

i've read some posts here and i could see that you were helping each other so i thought i could post & maybe get some answers :-)

i've known the JWs since i was little my mom was going to the kingdom hall but then we stopped cos our life was too complicated and we didn't have time for that thought we kept studying at home with a JW as i got older ( teen years ) i hated the study book but never told my mom or anybody i didn't wanted to hurt my mom i love her so much!

a few years ago i finally told my mom that i hated to read thoses books because i get so bored & that i wasn't interested in it , i do believe in jehovah's and jesus' existence thought but i so hate what the org ask us to do like don't dress like that , go to meetings ...

first reaction i got from my mom was so you wanna die but then after a long talk she understood , no matter what i'll love her forever

last year the JW that we knew who keeps bringin books at home ask us if we wanted another book study i couldn't say no , i had to be there for my mom

i've realised over the years that the JWs coming at my home somtimes aren't nice to me , i'm not a girl who shut her mouth when something's wrong & they don't like that so when i speak all they do is laughing at me , telling me that if i don't read books or do anything that god want He will kill me , that i don't understand anything , it's hard to hear somebody tellin you you're gonna die every week

sometimes i cry cause you hear so much about how nice JWs are and when it comes to me they're so rude

i did went back in 2001 at the kingdom hall and i was treated like a uninsteresting nobody , young people were looking at me so bad

omg i just realized how long my message is i hope i won't bothers anybody

i got questions but whenever i ask them nobody wants to answer

if i don't read the org books will i be killed just because of that?

how could a God that is love could kill a human just because he didn't read a book?

is there any other ways to be saved other than going to meetings , preaching , and reading thoses little magazines ( sorry i dunno the name in english ) ?

why women in the org are always treated the macho way? ( like whenever i did a study they were like the man's the boss of his wife , she has to do this & that )

THANKS for reading me i'm really lost right now

• skyman
    skyman

Let them know you are on the Web and you have some questions they will leave you a lone when you have your facts and can't answer you.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I think the first thing you have to realise is that Jehovah's Witnesses don't have the answers, think about it, why would a loving god like the one they claim to worship want to kill you?

And the claim that Jehovah's Witnesses are nice people isn't really true either, ofcourse there are some who are nice but the majority are rude and nasty.

If I where you I'd read a lot more on here, and don't be too hard on yourself, you have no reason to feel guilty for finding the books and studies boring.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

You have your own answers right there in your questions, for instance "how can God kill someone for not reading a book"? If you beleive what some would have you beleive, "God" had people eat thier own babies...but we're going a little too far there...it all comes down to a few simple things.

Question everything

Believe your own eyes and mind and don't let anyone else tell you what you see.

A really good question that helped me to think - do you really believe, after looking around, really looking, that all of this around us is a result of a talking snake telling a naked woman in a garden to eat a piece of fruit?

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Hi cookiegirlie and welcome,

Have a good read of the site and you'll not only get the answers but more of those questions they just can't answer. The book reading, threats of death, disapproving looks and oppression of women is all about control nothing about god. They are more concerned in you sell books, donating money and converting others to do the same. Keep asking away both here and at home, the witnesses hate an enquiring mind.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome to the board cookiegirlie! The JW's are so arrogant because they believe they have the truth and are God's special chosen people. The fact's show that they are a destructive cult with a hilariously high opinion of themselves. Stick around the board and find out why.

GBL

• amen
    amen

Hi cookiegirl!

Welcome to this forum!

Well don't you worry about the witnesses saying they are the only one to be saved. The fact of the matter is if you are a christian and believe in Christ you shall be saved. It is as simple as that. Jesus said to come to Him no one else, the watchtower is one of the last place to go. As they put man tradition first instead of the Lord.

Read the scripture as history. No religion can save you. It took me 15 years to know that the society is a false representation of christianity.

amen

welcome again

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Aw, Cookie, Welcome! Its always great to have people come in and introduce themselves. As many have said before, those "looks" you get, believe me hun, I've got em before. We all have. It hurts too when people act so much superior than they are in real life. They call you a friend, but wont even carry on a conversation. Oh yeah, real loving, they are.

Just remember, Jesus in the bible. He talked to EVERYONE, no matter if they were prostitutes, tax collecters, the whole lot! Looking down at us, do you really think he would be happy with what those so-called Christians are doing? Remeber the golden rule: Do unto others as you would want done to you. Don't give them no mind. You have real truth in your heart...and its nothing that those people can give or take away.

• trevor
    trevor

cookiegirlie, sorry you are so confused. Please read the following extract.

Children of the Witnesses are forbidden access to many of the self-esteem enhancing activities that are open to other children. They are brought up to believe that they are different and separate from the world. They do not fully integrate with their schoolmates or teachers, due to their resistance to being fully involved with the education process, and their training to avoid forming friendships with worldly people.

More so than other children, their main security comes from winning the approval of their parents. They find that to win this approval they must do whatever the Society and their parents tell them will win Jehovah God’s approval. I was told, by my own parents that if I ever left the religion they would never talk to me again. If I were to ever marry outside the religion the same penalty would apply. Although these threats are not always carried out, the Witness child grows up believing that the continuation of their whole world depends upon gaining their parents approval.

In addition to this pressure to conform, is the threat that God himself will kill the child, if he or she should go against their parent’s wishes. The child is also puzzled by the parent’s willingness to lose them in this way and often concludes that the parents do not love him or her. How can they threaten a child they love in this way, or say that the God they love may kill their child? As a child I concluded that I meant very little to my parents. Not all Witness parents act in this way. Those that do, say that they are practising a form of principled love for the child. Unfortunately children do not interpret threats of his kind as love. Nor as far as I know do most adults.

If this extract interests you then click on my profile and read. Trevor

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to JWD Forum, Cookiegirl. You'll get answers to your questions here cause there's a lot of brainiacs here that are so willing to help others.

If the JWs come to your house again and have the NERVE to be abusive by threatening that God will kill you if you don't study with them or read their books & magazines, tell your mother you mean no disrespect but that you intend to SHUN people that abuse others by threatening them with fear of death at the hand of God for lack of interest in reading & studying JW publications with JWs.

The JWs teachings and policies literally tore my family apart, but we're not alone. There are many others here that this has happened to. Beg your Mom not to let that happen to yall.

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit