needs some opinions & advices

by cookiegirlie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome Cookie Sounds to me like you have come to the right place...you will find lots of caring friends and helpful information here.

~Merry

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

A Warm Welcome cookiegirl

You are so wise to discern that Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians. They teach that the New Testament is not for 99.9 percent of JWs and certainly not for the rest of the world. This was a new teaching of one man, the cult leader Joseph Rutherford, Rutherford was a drunkard (something condemned in the Bible) but banned birthdays (something not condemned in the Bible)

I suggest you ask them who is their mediator? (It is the 12 old men in New York who run the organisation)

1 Timothy 2:5-6

For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a corresponding ransom for all.

See what they say. The watchtower says Jesus is not the mediator for non-anointed JWs, so ask them who is?

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Hi cookiegirl

You need to stop living for your mum and live your own life. I stayed in the JW's for an additional 3 years after I wanted to get out - to avoid dissapointing my parents, and it never gets easier. I know it's hard but you need to be brave and set some limits. Go out when the witnesses come, find some alternative activities.

If you carefully check out some of the less emotive and angry threads here there is some sound stuff on why the JW's can not be right, so that should pretty much convince you that the "death threats" are just a nasty little ruse to instill fear in those who might express doubts - do not fall for it.

God luck.

• potleg
    potleg

Try to be firm with them. tell them your not interested or "it's not for me". Smile and turn away.DO NOT try to reason with them if you feel weak fragile or upset, they will manipulate you with scare tactics and try to tie you in knots with their circular reasoning. Read the bible, the gospel accounts of Jesus and his love...compare this with the way youv'e been treated. Eventually I hope you will be able to tell JWs that your'e not interested and happier now than you've ever been. They won't be able to understand how this can be because they are prisoners of a man made organization, I still get the occaisional "you'll be sorry at armagedon" I just smile...it's a joke, a cruel one, but they are the unwitting victims. I'm so happy to be free and I guarantee you will be too, fight for yourself and your freedom. Its worth it. One little step at a time. Good luck..oops.. ha ha

• cookiegirlie
    cookiegirlie

hey everyone! i have some news i wanted to share i told my mom about this place and your answers btw thanks you've all been really nice :-) so my mom called the JW & told him we both wanted 2 stop the study , she 's questionning some of their teachings like me right now and this place is helpful i've read loads of interesting topics! thanks guys for sharing your knowledge & experiences with everyone may i ask some questions again? hehe i had a cat since i was a little girl and he died a few years ago when i asked JWs if i'll see him again in heaven they said no cos animals aren't meant to have eternal life and that i shouldn't love so much an animal what do you think? another question is my mom is wonderin if jesus died on a post like JWs said or on the cross which one is really true? see ya!

• cookiegirlie
    cookiegirlie

bump :-)

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Welcome Cookiegirl

Thats a good result. You are clever enough not to get so far involved that you cant get out.

You love your mum unreservedly, in my book thats enough to gain Gods approval and love.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Hi cookiegirlie, here's a link to some info on the cross/stake question. It's a long read, but worth it.

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/cross.htm

One thing to think about from that article,

Unless I see in His HANDS the imprint of THE NAILS, and put my finger into the place of THE NAILS, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe. (John 20:25, emphasis added)

Hope that helps,

ig.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit