What is the WORST item of clothing you have ever worn/bought?

by PaulJ 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

It has to have been all of those super duper shoulder pads in the 80s. I mean my goodness they stood about 3 inches high and I thought that they looked good. Yikes.

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

A line green leisure suit. around 1976 I think.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I had a olive green leisure suit, 1977

with white shirt and a green and grey tie.

Back in the 1950's when I was a kid my mother bought me school pants. dress up style with pleats

yellow pair and blue pair. Both had tiny stars pattern. Oh yea. Kids are so mean. darn children.

School was hell when I was forced to wear them.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    ...Oh God the 80s sucked.

Man, I kinda liked 'em...

But then I joined a cult and was forced to buy a cheap thrif mart suit and sell for a publishing company disguised as the spokesperson for Gawd.

But at least I didn't do drugs... ****scratches head and ponders irony of what he just said****

u/d (of the never ran with scissors, but joined a cult class)

• Soledad
    Soledad

remember those MC Hammer type pants that looked like, well, like you had taken a big sh&t in them because of the droopy ass?

I had a pair in puke colored yellow

then my mother made me a button down dress (oh god!) black with multi colored patterns, big pink flowers, pink scalloped trim on the neckline and hem and a PINK PETTICOAT to wear underneath since the buttons ended at the hip! I can't really say that it was my worst outfit but everytime I wore it images of Scarlet O'Hara came to my mind. Well at least mom knew how to sew.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Oh gawd, the memories come crawling back, yes they do.

Hmm. I actually liked my teenage wardrobe - hippies had just been invented, so I was proud of my real navy surplus bell-bottom pants with the 13 buttons, worn with soft maroon t-shirt and second-hand Boy Scout shirt. And then I wore those India-print and/or embroidered mini-dresses from the little boutiques, with matching or contrasting dance-weight tights from the local dancer's-supply shop.

I was wearing the minidresses and tights when my husband and I met; he remembers them fondly.

I've worn some mighty weird stuff, but very little of it was actually awful. Wait, I take that back. One of those pairs of dance-weight tights was pale blue. And I wore them with white shoes.

Oh, wait, I remember some awful jaydub clothes: three slinky-textured, yet modest, polyester dresses back in the mid-70's. One was a deep pink, one a soft blue, the other a perky pink-and-green gingham-style print. Very cute fabric, actually, but the gingham one – well, something was wrong with the hemline, and if I bent over the least little bit it hiked up right under my ass. It was my favorite dress until I figured that out.

And then there was this outfit I bought for a job interview: A garish patchworky-print jacket in: orange, purple and green. And three or four other colors! I bought a purple skirt and emerald-green blouse to wear with it. I thought the jacket was a good investment because I liked bright colors and there were enough colors in it to go with anything I chose to wear, almost. And then I curled my hair – ineptly, at home – and went to that job interview.

After I unjaydubbed a lot of things woke up. So then it was back to the hippie clothes and shiny things, only with a better color sense. I have a lot of cool stuff I can't wear because it's too elaborate for work or the places I do go. I guess I'll just have to go to fancier places, that's all :)

gently feral

• Panda
    Panda

In my hippy days I also wore imaginative clothing and vintage stuff... the sisters "helped" me to wear some but ugly polyester spongey dresses that their daughters didn't wear anymore... That was 1978. That stuff was hideous I think I'm having a shiver up the back attack...

• ButterflyCharmer
    ButterflyCharmer

oh my gosh, some of these are hilarious.

Thinking back to the 80's.....yes, i had some of those
    MC Hammer baggy pants in black. Of course at the
    time i was hot stuff, but thinking back, GEEZ, how awful
    that style was!
    Oh, and leg warmers!!!

Butterfly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit