question for all

by bonnzo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• inquirer
    inquirer

There are MANY WAYS of looking at this issue. All the people who have partipated in this thread are looking at it from different angles... They are all true in my opinion... We just have different ways of looking at it through our own personalities. :)

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Many ways to look at it? Everybody has said a resounding NO !!!

It's not the truth. The Witnoids are not God's people. I examine all things and have found the Witnoids lacking greatly. In fact I find Christianity to be lacking. IMHO Buddhists and Taoists display more of Jesus commandments than many Christians. I would not go back to the WTBS even if they somehow were "God's chosen" people. I wouldn't want to be a part of that group nor worship a god that would pick them as his spokespeople.

I would sooner vomit them out of my mouth.

Nuff said!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

There is that nice saying that sums it up for me: "'I see,' said the blind man peering through the knot hole overlooking the barbed wire fence."

For the sake of the argument, even if this happens, I wouldn't go back because there is no way they REALLY know what the hell they are talking about given the state of mind they operate out of, that is pretty clear to me. Just because someone has some right answers it wouldn't necessarily mean they understand anything.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I could never go back to an organisation who are the opposite of everything the profess to be.

I have never been happier since I took my life into my own hands.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Absolutely nothing would make me believe the WTS ever again! Occasionally there might be a miniscule chance that they have a correct understanding on a scriptural thought----which does not bring them any type of credibility at all.

For a religion that claims to be the ONLY one that God approves of, IMO it would have to much more supportive, loving and kind to its members. The WTS is tyrannical, cruel and demanding and could not have God's approval.

The Pharisees were not spoken of kindly by Jesus, yet the WTS makes them look like big bratty kids by comparison. The WTS is sly, cunning, sneaky and deliberately deceitful----always demanding MORE but giving less in return each successive year.

The WTS had better hope that the "end" NEVER comes, because they will have some heavy explaining to do when they face that One to whom they OWE an accounting for this farce and blasphemy that they continue to perpetrate upon Jesus' sheep.

Annie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    most of you are ex-dubs, so what if world events proved that the JW's were right. for instance, governments turning on religion, matthew 24th chapt events really increasing at an alarming rate, enough to make you think: " maybe they were right?" if that happened, and the WTS left the "door on the ark", so to speak, open for a little while, would you go back to the WTS?

well that's assuming that somewhere in the back of my mind I think they really are right and I'm just playing a waiting game to jump on board when the clues are clearer.

But no, I don't think they the jws are right nor do I think they ever were right nor do I think that they will be right about anything in the future.

So in closing going back is not an option (and will never be an option unless I totally lose my mind) because of the answer I gave to the first part of your question.

Josie ~ wondering why she bothered to answer

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

JW's have already been proven wrong. Next.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    for instance, governments turning on religion, matthew 24th chapt events really increasing at an alarming rate,

But what is unusual about this - its happened before & will happen again.

I just bought the Finished Mystery of 1917. It says the earthquakes mentioned in Matthew 24 symbolised revolutions, not real earthquakes. The whole Bible is full of symbolism. Most of Mat 24 was fulfilled in the generation Christ spoke to - the JW elders agreed with this last month.

Even if you want to believe what was described should be interpreted literally, wouldn't you be better off turning to Christianity, some of whom preach similar to JWs on this. Why would you return to the one anti-Christian religion which is proved 100 times over to be false?? I find it a strange question. You'd be better off an adventist or a christadelphian.

Better still, find out what Matthew 24 (and the rest of the Bible really teaches) There are some good Bible commentaries about.

• luna2
    luna2

Boy, if they were right, wouldn't it be the first time EVER? LOL If that ever does happen, I'll assume it was a lucky guess. It would not move me to think they had "The Truth" and to run scurrying back to the fold.

Just reading the list of failed world-end dates, the many flip flops on doctrine, and looking over Judge Rutherford's biography was enough to convince me in short order that this is not and never has been God's organization.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Even if it all turned out to be true, I would still refuse to worship any god who would choose the WTBTS as its earthly representative. He could go right ahead and kill me, but I wouldn't do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit