Timeline of my coming out (warning!!! VERY LENGTHY)

by Jourles 39 Replies latest members private

• CinemaBlend
    CinemaBlend

Interesting. Bizarre that it would take so long. I'd assumed that when you stopped showing up for meetings they just for get about you.

Now I'm wondering if 2 years from now I'll get a call asking me to attend a Judicial Committee over my movie website, which reviews, discusses, and supports "questionable" materials.

Perhaps my fade will never be complete till then.

Jourles, if you don't mind me asking, what happened with your wife? Is she still a JW?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Thanks for posting that. I think I remember the dirtclod.com website from a while back, too bad it ain't up (it would be cool to see those letters, but I wouldn't want you getting sued ).

• chester
    chester
    I don't care anymore what other JW's think. I'm df'd, what can man do to me

Jourles,

I am really glad to see you back. Thanks for posting the timeline of your coming out.

Your story is very interesting. I read the whole thing.

The information is a keeper and should be helpful to lurkers.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Thanks for sharing! Very interesting read.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Thanks for telling some of your story. It's amazing on what the JC's can come up with!! Glad you are free! Hope to hear more from you!!

shelley

• homesteader
    homesteader

Jourles, Thank you for posting your letter. I think that the length was needed to completely and thoroughly explain your postition...very well researched. I left jws about 5 years ago for the very same reasons and appreciate your affirmations that I was not alone in my perceptions. Hope all goes well with you and your wife with life outside the org. God Bless. Grace.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

very interesting Big J. You went balls to the wall while they hid behind their bibles...

• Jourles
    Jourles
    what happened with your wife? Is she still a JW?

Yes. Although I wouldn't classify her as the same, strong JW type that she used to be. I think I've noticed that she might be starting to get tired of it all. The meetings, service, etc. But I'm not sure. I am not trying to make waves by forcing her to do things she does not want to do or saying things she doesn't want to hear. I'm letting my attitude and actions speak for themselves. Basically, I'm still the same person as I was when I was a JW. I haven't done anything radical to change my appearance or personality. But we get along as if nothing ever happened - which is great.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    But we get along as if nothing ever happened - which is great

That truely is great Joules.

Kwin

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

It was a long read, but well worth it.

Glad to have you back here.

cj

Share this

Google+