When I was a kid, I didn't want to be a JW.

by kwintestal 19 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I'm thinking back to my childhood here, and remembering hanging out with my JW friends. My buddies and I, when we were 9, 10 years old knew that we wouldn't stay JWs. We hated the restrictions that were put on us and hated being different. We talked about it regularly that we were going to leave as soon as we could.

As we grew up, we grew apart and lost touch. However, these friends are no longer in, and neither am I.

I can't think of too many other kids my age who talked about leaving a religion when they were 9 and 10 years old, I mean kids who weren't JW's. Funny, because most of the friends that I grew up with who went to different churches were quite happy with them and never talked about leaving.

It's funny how even 9 and 10 year old kids can tell its a farce.

Kwin

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

i remember at the hall in Menlo Park, California, when i was about 10 or 11, some of the kids, who's parents had recently joined up, were talking about all the holidays they used to celebrate and how much fun they used to have and how they hated not being able to have that kind of fun anymore. I couldnt relate (even though I secretly loved the holidays) since i had never celebrated the forbidden worldly holidays.

Most of those kids, I believe, are not currently jws.

Josie

• shera
    shera

Well glad you made it out Kwin! Nice to have met you and your wife and children too. Nice family for sure!

• kls
    kls
    It's funny how even 9 and 10 year old kids can tell its a farce.

Kids are more preceptive them most adults give them credit for .

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Kwin,

Good for you. Although, as the WT says, its just "foulishness tied up in the heart a boy" sometimes kids see things clearer than the adults. No wonder many grow up resentful and anxious.

BTW, I thought your idea for the wt book (awake article) would make a great slogun.

"Young People Ask: Should I Google Jehovah's Witnesses?"

Jst2laws

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

hell, that' s why my super dub dad has a brand new pc but won't get any internet. . . he might see something "apostate"

• Netty
    Netty

I sure never wanted to be either. But it got alot harder on me, at a little later of an age. About 13ish. And lots of the people who were teenagers at the same time I was, are also now out.

I can't imagine any kid wanting to be a JW. The Watchtower goes out of its way to extricate any and all semblance of happiness from the lives of children subject to its control. Of course, that's not enough for the Watchtower (is anything enough for the Watchtower?), so they also coerce parents to exploit their children as unpaid slaves of the Watchtower corporations, toiling from door to door to facilitate the marketing efforts of this corporate cult.

For their part in this tragic abuse of children, the subhuman gristle that refers to itself as "the Governing Body" ought to be tarred and feathered, and used as a public urinal.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

being raised as a jw only made me feel like a freak

Josie

• ButterflyCharmer
    ButterflyCharmer
    being raised as a jw only made me feel like a freak

Yeah, me too mrsjones! I dont think my heart was ever in it, i tried hard though
    i even pioneered for a time. But i would always be ashamed to say what religion
    i belonged to, or be embarressed when friends at school would ask.

Geez, im so glad thats over!

Butterfly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit