Whose famous autograph do you have in your possession...

by TresHappy 49 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Me...Shirley Temple Black...

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

From the guy who played Data on Star Trek. My uncle got it for me when I was a kid 'cause he worked in the 'biz and I liked Star Trek.

• Netty
    Netty

Garth Brooks,

Luis Gonzales, I actually have two 8x10's of Luis hugging my son, and giving him an autograph. Our neighbor came over one day and said he was going to be in this movie that was filming at the park right down the street from us, it was about baseball, and told hubby to bring my son to meet Gonzo. He was a very nice gracious down to earth person.

So was Garth, btw. He was here for spring training when he was playing b-ball. He stood out in the hot sun, and signed autographs for hours, until the very last fan had his autograph.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Baseball fans will relate to the names, to name a few:

Tony Gwynn

Trevor Hoffman

Ricky Henderson

Ken Caminiti .... May he RIP, best third baseman ever! .... Signed ball and bat.

Fred McGriff

Gary Sheffield

Tony Fernandez

John Smoltz

Dale Murphy

Entire Atlanta Braves team on a ball, early 90's

I will never regret, that despite the "counsel" to not attend worldly competitive sporting events, my husband and I took our young sons regularly to major leaque baseball games (even missing a meeting here and there, gasp! ) - and had the time of our lives, making memories together, collecting autographs, meeting players, catching foul balls, getting on ESPN and the local news with our home made signs, and chowing down taquitos and peanuts.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    John Smoltz

Dale Murphy

Entire Atlanta Braves team on a ball, early 90's

John Smoltz is my favorite Braves pitcher. Tom Glavine is my second. I loved getting to the games early enough to watch batting practice.

The only autograph I have is from John Hiatt. He's very tall and very nice.

Shirley Temple Black. She's one of the magic people that walk the earth.

• AntiPode
    AntiPode

Eddy Merckx 5 Time winner of the Tour de France; those familiar with cycling will probably consider him the greatest cyclist that ever lived.

I was at the bicycle industry trade show in Long Beach 30 years ago and he signed "The Fabulous World of Cycling". Frank Zane

Bodybuilder; had one of the most perfectly proportioned bodies on the planet. He inspired a young me to lift weights. Saw him at the Mr. Orange County Bodybuilding Show as guest poser, doing his routine to Pink Floyd music.

The only one to beat Arnold in competition (Mr. Universe).

S

• 4JWY
    4JWY
    I loved getting to the games early enough to watch batting practice.

FlyingHigh,

I agree... we would always get there two hours early. It was so exciting, wasn't it? I tell my sons now, that all the balls we collected and had autographed, CASH them in one day when I die, and you may be set for life.

One time, I was leaning so far over the rail to catch a foul ball during batting practice, that I fell down about 8 feet- face first into the ground, and had to be taken away on a stretcher to the hospital in an ambulance. Talk about embarrassed......all the players came over to see if I was alright, Florida Marlins on the field at the time. I ended up not getting back to the ball park until the 7th inning stretch! I was able to work a deal though for several free tickets to future games - and, I did get the ball I was going for at the time.

• lilbit
    lilbit

I loved the old braves stadium going to turner field just wasnt the same.

I have alot of autographs mostly country music stars. My favorite one is from Jeff Foxworthy.

lilbit

• zagor
    zagor

mine ...

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

dammit zagor...you beat me by about 5 mins...cos i was busy sledgin ya cricket team on another thread

tijkmo of the prolly gonna be famous any time soon maybe class

oh and sting

funny story...i was in glasgow 'borders' when sting was doing a booksigning thingy on the top floor and i just went to look from the viewing 'gallery' and thought while im here i might just aswell buy his biography..on offer for 6.99 in paperback so picked a copy up and merged into the queue and got it signed in the space of about 10 mins...then as i left i noticed the queue snaked all the way down to the front doors where it had started forming several hours earlier....does explain the faint murmers i had noticed behind me but ignored as i joined the queue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit