Are you now BEARDED or BEARDLESS????

by zagor 70 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

Just wondering how many are now wearing beard and what's the main reason for it. Rebellion perhaps?
    I just love my new goat beard and moustache. Funnily enough I find that people are relating to me with more seriousness and respect (never happened when I was a beardless dub). Did you have similar experience???

• skyman
    skyman

Beardless myself but like the fact I can grow one if I please. Here locally I know about 2/3 of the brothers that have quit have beards and I give them two thimbs up

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Bearded

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

If I had my 'druthers, I'd shave ever week or so. Problem is, Mrs. O thinks I'm all scratchy & nasty after a day or two without shaving. My choices were 1. shave daily or 2. grow a beard. I grew a beard.

Pissing off the Dubs was just a bonus.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Growin one for sh!ts and grins. I dunno if I'll keep it though. Itsa week old today! Happy birthday matts beard!!!

• skyman
    skyman

Lift your legs and pee high. let them know by growing a beard

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I've discovered that the more hair I have covering my face the fewer the people that run away screaming. Admittedly it's not a significant reduction, but some. Some.

j

• Satanus
    Satanus

Beardless. I had a mustache most of my life. After leaving the dubs, one day i just got tired of it, and shaved it off.

S

• prophecor
    prophecor

Having a natural baby-face, having been so accustomed to shaving the nuisance tuft of peach fuzz that would normally grow under my chin, as well as being conditioned to the unpopular look that it presented while in and out of the Kingdom Hall for years and years, I was just conditioned to keeping my face shaved, in fact neither was I aware that I could even grow a beard. I asked a co-worker about his one day, admiringly, because it gives such a different appearance. He suggested that I just let it go wild one day. I was no longer going to the hall by that time, so naturally....

About two years of growth went in to my not cutting it, and oneday...

My family, none of which are witnesses, began to look at me funny for a long time as I've never been one to sport a beard. They would joke with me questioning, " What's that dirt on your face ? " All throughout college I just let it grow. I was pleasantly surprised after it finally filled in. I've worn my beard, neatly trimmed, never shaven, for lo the past 6 years. Worn not out out of rebellion, but because it's natural to grow a beard, for those who can. It's something I'm rather proud of. It goes with me to the grave!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I have a goatee which I platt aka Pirates of the Carribean. Yes, I did have it before the movie. And no, pissing off jws stopped when I stopped attending

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit