Why do active witnesses frequent the site?

by jimakazi 43 Replies latest jw friends

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

I'm somewhat currious why active witnesses appear to frequent the site, and if the information on this site causes any to "fade away" or "dis-associate"?

Personally if I have known 18 years ago what I know now I would have been a lot more active in trying to convince all I cared about to leave, instead of fading away [gone with a bang so to speak]. It's funny how when you are in it you can't see it for what it is.

They are getting pretty scary though now with this appostate state of mind crap; why did god give us a mind if we were not to use it? Should anyone trust a self appointed body of old men to do all their thinking for them - men who [if you choose to accept what Ray Franz claims] don't even agree among themselves, or where a majority has to be 2/3rd. Is Jehovahs holy spirit so ineffective that it only reaches 2/3rd of them - is this the so called "light getting brighter". Shouldn't it be all or nothing? What if the holy spriti is having an off day and only 1/2 of them get the divine inspiriation - sorry Jehovah - try again - got to make 2/3rd of us agree.

As I discovered many years agio when my best friend and I "tricked" the elders into making us ministerial servants by increasing our answers at the meeting, going out on the field service more; while at the same time we were drinking and attending dance clubs. Perhaps the holy spirit didn't mind dance clubs? Anyway it was enough to convinve me there was no holy spirit involved, just a bunch of elders [men] rewarding the right "works".

• Undecided
    Undecided
    As I discovered many years agio when my best friend and I "tricked" the elders into making us ministerial servants by increasing our answers at the meeting, going out on the field service more; while at the same time we were drinking and attending dance clubs. Perhaps the holy spirit didn't mind dance clubs? Anyway it was enough to convinve me there was no holy spirit involved, just a bunch of elders [men] rewarding the right "works".

It was the same with me, I never felt any holy spirit involved in the JW life, even though I pioneered, had all kinds of positions in the congregation and became the PO. If God had anything to do with directing the Borg why does it make so many errors in doctrine and have to "new light" so many of it's teachings over the years? They say it's getting brighter and brighter but I sure can't see the light anymore.

Ken P.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish
    As I discovered many years agio when my best friend and I "tricked" the elders into making us ministerial servants by increasing our answers at the meeting, going out on the field service more; while at the same time we were drinking and attending dance clubs. Perhaps the holy spirit didn't mind dance clubs?

Sir, I like the cut of your jib

why did god give us a mind if we were not to use it?

Jackpot! However, as Professor Dumbledore said to Harry Potter as he lay stricken in the hospital wing at Hogwarts, "I have no power to make grown men see the truth, Harry."

There's an interesting story, somewhere near the beginning of God's biography, about a couple of nudists who ate some forbidden fruit. Maybe that's why we see some of the active witnesses here.

ig.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think the key word is frequent. There are precious few who post frequently. They get mobbed. Some wander off for a few months then come back.

I suspect a few come back under a new identity once they have mulled over the flood of information.

I think there are many, many more thinking JW's who come here to read. Especially the young. How's their parents to know what they are reading?

• Ellie
    Ellie

My nephew recently got a job as a fireman, the week before he was due to start his training course he was going to pioneer school or something.

His mother and the rest of the family were buzzing about how much holy spirit he would recieve and how he was not going to be able to stop talking about Jehovah due to the holy spirit, the only down side was the following week he would be around a bunch of worldly firemen and the holy spirit would rub off.

It seemed so obvious to me that there was no holy spirit involved here, the fact is he would spend a week being brainwashed by the witnesses and then during the following week he would be around normal people and would start to feel normal again.

Nobody else understood what I was on about.

• zagor
    zagor

What I do find fascinating is that there are always hundreds more hits to any topic than there are actual replies. That tells me that many people are reading even though they may feel fear to engage in discussion or feel completely confused and need time to grow in knowledge. Heck, I was one of those up until few days ago. I was reading threads on and off. Then I'd run either to the library or to Amazon.com or even borg’s own CD before I've started seeing “new light”.

• Del
    Del

I'm one of those visitors who have been reading a lot :)) I'm really glad I found all this information, I just hope my sister will come across this information and read it. I guess some of the active witnesses might be curious, disillusioned, scared...maybe some of the who's who of WT read to "check up" on what's being said (hehehe, excuse the conspiracy theory)

• ballistic
    ballistic
    many years agio when my best friend and I "tricked" the elders into making us ministerial servants

Thing is, a lot of us were "genuine" witnesses, pioneers, elders, etc... in the centre of the org, and still found out it was all wrong. That is the truthfull message I prefer to tell active witnesses who visit this site.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Why do active witnesses frequent this site? Struth, you really don't know???

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

deep down gut feeling that something is wrong

meagan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit