My relationship has come to an end because of JW brainwashing

by MM090503 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• erik
    erik

Hi Meg,

Sorry about your news. About 3 years ago I was going through the same thing. However, I was on the other end. I was the boyfriend/fiance of a woman, that wanted me to leave or not return to the JW's. The time was just after 9/11 and the urge to return to a faith that was familiar to me was great. Sometimes the more she pushed for me not to come back the greater I pulled away from her.

My fiance at the timed started feeding me information from this website, and other (apostate) websites. At least that is what I thought. The only reason I looked into the material she gave me was because, I remembered something that I heard a long time ago, "if it is the truth it will stand up to scrutiny." I am speaking ofcourse about the beliefs of JW's. Some things that the JW's believe in, did stand the test for me, but there were enough things for me to see that did not necessarily stand up truth.

The reason I am telling you this is that, perhaps, you can provide him with some of the information you come across from this board. Albeit, it has to be done in a heartfelt way. And, maybe some of the members on this board are right, it is better this happen now instead of the future. Imagine if you were already married with children, etc...

Whatever happens, best wishes. Oh, and I married her...

Regards,

Erik

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit