My relationship has come to an end because of JW brainwashing

by MM090503 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• chrissy
    chrissy

Hi Meg,

I was not familiar with your story prior to today. I read your previous posts. Very sorry for the pain you are experiencing. Breakups are ruff, especially under these circumstances. Although it seems there is no stopping your bf from walking down this blinded path, I am confident you will be better off. Imagine a life, a future, with children down the road...the heartache that would come upon further involvement with this man would only certainly increase. Maybe you will find each other again later in life, once he has decided it is a lie (if he does with any luck). Regardless, it is certainly not your fault...you can't control him. You tried to help. There is little more you can do. Now try & not allow yourself to get all depressed. Somewhere out there, I assure you, is another wonderful guy sans the heartache and grief.

-chrissy

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Its not your fault hunny, there was nothing you could have done. If you had tried to get him to drop it earlier he would have said 'whats eating you, im ONLY looking, its not like im gonna join or anything, I just want to hear what they have to say'. In fact your opposition might have made him think ' whats the big deal with this, I must investigate further...'

Your only problem was giving your heart to a man who had latent tendencies that laid him open to cults. (maybe a needy feeling to belong, or something). If it wasnt the cult, the need in him might have caused other problems in your relationship. (e.g. if someone blame themselves for their partner being an alcoholic, but really its the 'addictive gene' in the partner, and if it wasnt alcohol it might have been gambling or some other addictive habit)

One day, and I know it doesnt feel like it now, you will meet a guy who feels complete with just you in his life. I hope the pain eases in time, and your life opens up to happiness soon.

• ButterflyCharmer
    ButterflyCharmer

Meg,
    I am so sorry for your relationship breaking up. Dont blame
    yourself, its not your fault!
    This org has broken up so many familes and relationships,
    you are not alone, sad to say.

Good luck to you!

Butterfly

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sorry to hear that, Meg.

• zagor
    zagor

Though I feel for you I can't help it but say - Join the club :)

But put it this way, if he really loved you with all his heart than that wouldn't be an issue. Obviously either he loves borg more or he wants to save his own ass. Either way, he's not worth your time.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

((((((((((MM090503))))))))))

I'm sorry to hear this.

While there is little that can comfort you right now, please know that with time the pain shall pass. You will be better off without him and the borg in your life, if you had stayed together the society would have made your life hell, it's just not worth it, you deserve to be a happy well rounded person.

DL76

• Ellie
    Ellie

I'm really sorry to hear this, please don't blame yourself, Jehovahs witnesses are experts at slyly taking over peoples lives and turning them against the people they love and I'm afraid you are just another innocent victim, but hopefuly with a bit of luck he will miss you when you're not around and come to his senses.

Either way, look on the bright side, atleast you got away.

Good luck!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I'm so sorry to hear that Meg. Unfortunately, you are one of millions of people that have experienced a broken relationship over this cult. As cliche as it sounds it's true: Time heals all wounds. Focus on taking care of yourself. It's a healthy distraction from the pain.

Andi

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Sorry to hear it Meg.I was your old BF at one time.My parents hated the only girl who ever gave a shit about me because she wasn't a witness.They all suck.I hope your ex finds out what a cro9ck it all is,and he'll see what he missede out on.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Meg, I only hope others who are in the same situation read your post and see that they need to move on.

Unfortunately, most nonJW's don't have a clue to the strange mindsets of those under the control of the

WTS. Your post can save many a heartache; however, most of us have to learn by doing ourselves...and

put it behind us. You are on the right path, I wish you only the best!

Your friend,

AuntieJane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit