My relationship has come to an end because of JW brainwashing

by MM090503 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• MM090503
    MM090503

A few of you may remember when I came to this site back in Sept. I was seeking advice about my bf who had been studying with JW. Well I hate to say it but they won. After being together almost 2yrs we broke up. Not because we wanted to, but because there was no other choice. My bf has become completely brainwashed by them. It will only be a little of time until he gets baptised I'm sure.

The pain I feel is horrible and I can't help but feel this is all my fault. When he first began studying I left it alone as no big deal. Now I kick myself in the but for doing it.

Thank you to everyone for their help and adivce the last couple of months.

Meg

• greendawn
    greendawn

They break up families with children when a JW decides to leave the cult, they are quite ruthless. I am so sorry about what happened to you.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Hi,Sorry to hear your relationship is breaking up.

I am trying to fade but my wife is stubbornly clinging to this religion that does not make her happy.She often talks about leaving and how depressed she is because I don't want the "truth".As sad as it feels,maybe it's the best thing for you right now.Hang in there.

• delilah
    delilah

Dear Meg: I am very sorry to hear of your breakup. How far gone is he? You mentioned that you didn't think it long before he is baptized, is he going over the baptismal questions yet? Are you two still on talking terms? Too many relationships are destroyed over this cult.....is it too late to reconcile, and TRY to carry on? While it's not always an easy road, sometimes it can be worked out....maybe yours can survive this also....my marriage worked out ok, but it wasn't an easy road....lots of curves, elders meetings etc., but in the end, we conquered the evil borg......good luck to you my dear....

Delilah

• homesteader
    homesteader

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The jw mind control and brainwashing is very strong and I don't believe you could of done anything to change the situation. Your ex-bf is where he needs to be right now. Enjoy your freedom and pat yourself on the back for not getting sucked into the cult.

God Bless. Grace

• Honesty
    Honesty

I am so sorry that your dreams have been snatched away by that demon cult. Just remember that one day those responsible in the WTBTS for promoting hatred and cold heartedness will answer for their heinous crimes against humanity.

• georgefoster
    georgefoster

Be glad that it ended before you had kids with him. There was nothing you could have done to stop him because any resistance only makes them stronger.

• kls
    kls

Sorry it ended and i know watching someone become another person and take on the wt personality but even if he stopped going and swore to you he was done with the cult ,there are never any way of telling if he ever would return to it.

• evita
    evita

Meg

So sorry to hear your news. Breaking up with someone you care about is painful enough without the added frustration of JW stuff. You are wise to not go along with him into the cult. I hope the future holds a better relationship for you.

Hugs,
    Eva

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sorry to hear it, MM. You are proof positive that early intervention is the key.

How do we get the word out to the loved-ones out there, who may just think the JW's are just another (bit flaky) religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit